Photo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Midorime

• midorime user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:51 PM ( #401 )

Anyway, back on topic, what is this 'profile' thing I keep hearing?

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 07 December 2012 - 11:56 PM ( #402 )

Anyway, back on topic, what is this 'profile' thing I keep hearing?

It's the new page on the stats screen where you can input basic stuff about you like your age, zodiac signs, hobbies and favourite stuff.
Your profile will also be visible to your friend who have connected with you. It allows you to make your Tama more personalized. You have to type them in Japanese, though.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:23 AM ( #403 )

It's the new page on the stats screen where you can input basic stuff about you like your age, zodiac signs, hobbies and favourite stuff.
Your profile will also be visible to your friend who have connected with you. It allows you to make your Tama more personalized. You have to type them in Japanese, though.

That's interesting! Is it like one big text box or are there places to actually fill in or choose from a menu?

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:32 AM ( #404 )

There are 2 pages for the profile, and you have to fill in what it asks.
The first page shows your gender, age, birthday, zodiac sign, and hobby. all of those except the hobby have choices pre-written.
The second page asks for your future ambition, favorite food, favorite book, and best friend's name (some of those might be wrong lol)
everything that doesn't fill in with pre-written choices you have to fill in yourself in japanese.
It's a cute feature :P

Edited by Brittygotchi, 08 December 2012 - 12:34 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:34 AM ( #405 )

It depends on the field type, some require manual entry and some have options.

For the benefit of others as well, I'll post my own profile screen here and a basic translation:

Posted Image Posted Image

Page 1:
Gender / Age: Gender has two options: boy and girl, while you input your age manually by cycling through the numbers
Birthday: This one is automatically filled in, it uses the birthday you provided when you start it for the first time
Zodiac Sign: You select from 12 options, these are the standard Leo/Aries/Scorpio stuff but in Japanese
Hobby: You manually type your hobby (eg. drawing, basketball, etc)

Page 2:
Dream Job: You also manually input your dream job here (I used sensei which means "school teacher")
Favourite Food: I typed in "sushi" (I loooove sushi lol)
Favourite Subject in school: I typed "computer" because it really was my favourite
Favourite Person: This can have multiple connotations, it can be your bestfriend's name, etc.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 08 December 2012 - 12:42 AM.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:35 AM ( #406 )

That's interesting. o.o Surprised it doesn't ask blood type--lots of Japanese games and such with profiles seem to ask or talk about blood types. (They believe blood type correlates with your personality)

EDIT: For some reason I pictured you to be older, Ichiro. XD And you're a Leo, too, awesome. XD but thanks, that helps a lot! :D

Edited by SailorRosette, 08 December 2012 - 12:46 AM.

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:40 AM ( #407 )

EDIT: For some reason I pictured you to be older, Ichiro. XD And you're a Leo, too, awesome. XD but thanks, that helps a lot! :D

LOL actually... that's a fake age. I won't say anything more. :P

I just posted it there for educational purposes. :D
PS - the profile won't affect your character in any way, it's just there for personalization.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 08 December 2012 - 12:41 AM.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:41 AM ( #408 )

LOL actually... that's a fake age. I won't say anything more. :P

I just posted it there for educational purposes. :D

Ah okay! How evil of you to fool us, we're on to you! XP

Nah in all seriousness, that really did help a lot, especially with screenies, thank you. :)

Brittygotchi

• brittygotchi user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:42 AM ( #409 )

Darn it, it double posted, sorry.

lol o hay I'm a leo as well! :P

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:48 AM ( #410 )

Oh jee... My age is 1. Had no idea what that number was. Duh. Lol. How silly of me. Maybe one day I will add in that info... Or atleast type something I do know what it spells. That is very helpful to post.

Dizzie

• dizzie user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:13 AM ( #411 )

Been playin the Tama P about 2 days now...already I really like it, just wish the shell was less girly. My favorite new feature is the Paint shop, where you can recolor your tamas!

ichiro.malfoy

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:17 AM ( #412 )

Been playin the Tama P about 2 days now...already I really like it, just wish the shell was less girly. My favorite new feature is the Paint shop, where you can recolor your tamas!

You are not alone with that girly complaint... we all are ranting about xD but since I got the white one, it looks clean, neutral and elegant. :D
(I'm not really fond of the piercing though... that is the epitome of girliness xD)

I love the paint room as well. It increases the replay value of the toddler and teen characters.

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 08 December 2012 - 01:21 AM.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

• eternal-mametchi-fan user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Lifetime Angelgotchi

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:42 AM ( #413 )

I'm a Leo too. @u@
I figured it out rather quickly, and I am growing to love it. :) I took my character to the park, and he worked as a police officer. It has so many fun animations to watch!

furbitchi

• furbitchi user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:07 AM ( #414 )

@ichiromalfoy
OH GOD NOT THE CYCLE!!! hehehe that sounds quite annoying they sho out of had some sort of option or maybe press a and c to convert to katakana or something is there katakana for name as wel or just mail and profy

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 08 December 2012 - 07:18 AM ( #415 )

It looks cute, but I'm not going to get it.

I understand. :P But, it is in my opinion less girly than the iD L and a lot more fun, and it has Kiraritchi, so if you do decide to get one I am sure you will like it.

P's on HLJ are on December restock. They'll have more later this month.

kuromametchifan123

• kuromametchifan123 user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:54 PM ( #416 )

You are likely one of the people who changed the "status" of availablity. I bought my Precure Phone there and it said that. Once it gets processed, yours will update. Those things are crazy... The status stuff, its like an auto update thing. Wait for it to update and they will want you to pay. You will get an email.

Thanks! That makes me feel better about it, I wasn't sure if I clicked something on accident or something just went wrong, since the status changed so quickly. :)

You mean this? I linked my piercing to my device last night :)

Posted Image

It's even cuter on the Tamagotchi, it makes me more excited to finally get mine. :) The P's look so cute so far, I think I'll like it even better than the iD-L.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:48 PM ( #417 )

Ya, hopefully it updates for you quickly and they can get it out to you quickly... Unlike a few of us got stuck in a Black Friday sales backup.

I am really enjoying my Tama P. Its beautiful. I have Kiraritchi. The blue hat, meloditchi related, main, cute character. Not sure what happy things she likes but I will find out... Maybe another day and I will share.... Or the secret notebook probably has those... Don't share them with me yet, i want to try to figure them out. (or test drive everything until I do...)

DJYellow22

• djyellow22 user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:10 PM ( #418 )

I ordered a third p's ^^; So uh, yeah..

Dizzie

• dizzie user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:59 PM ( #419 )

Hey does anyone here know what Himesptchi on the Tama P, what's her favorite items? I want to marry her off to my ID L and get them on the same schedule but I cant figure out her favorite items.

Also how does the dating function work?

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Posted 09 December 2012 - 01:03 AM ( #420 )

Also how does the dating function work?

When your character is an adult, go to the park. Sometimes a character of the opposite gender will be there to talk. When you've seen the character a few times, they will ask to go on a date. Select the first option for yes, and then you will be able to watch your Tamagotchi go on a date with its new partner. After a few dates, the character may ask to marry yours, and again, select the first option for yes.

Or if you like, simply use the matchmaker which is the eighth option under the door icon.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tamagotchi p, new tama, tamagotchi idl?, new tama in japan