Tamagotchi iD L import taxes?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mishi10345

Reaction score
I recently ordered a Tamagotchi iD L off eBay for $70 with free shipping. Today, as I was reading through the item's description, I noticed the note about import and local taxes. I order things online all the time, and since I'm in Canada, most of the things I order are from the US. I've ordered a few expensive things (around $50+) from the US and the UK, but none of the packages required me to pay any taxes. I know that there are sellers who mark items as gifts rather than merchandise to get around this, but I can't remember if those sellers did that. Does anyone have any input/experience with the Tamagotchi iD L (or any other expensive Tamagotchi coming from Japan) to share?

My stuff from Japan never had customs taxes or duties to fufil. I buy from all over the world... And never had to pay taxes. I think that is mainly for labeled food, liquids and other specifyied items... But I doubt you will need to pay taxes on them. Many ebayers label items as gifts or worth less then you payed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you very much, everyone! Also, do the packages typically arrive at your door or in your mailbox? I do have a mailbox (shared with several houses on my street) that has a special compartment for larger packages, so that's no problem. Also, my package was sent by regular airmail. :)

It depends on your place since you seem to have a different mailbox system. In our place we only have one mailbox so the packages get delivered at the door. If there's no one around, the postman will just leave a package notice in the mailbox then I could claim it on the nearest post office when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back