Fifty Shades of Grey, anybody?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m81tkenitv1qc4ih3.gif

Well the book is very popular for the moment. The book is all over the news and that's why people are buying it even more.

But I have to say that the second and third book aren't selling very well.

You can read a few pages online for free and because of all the commotion I've read them myself.

It doesn't interest me at all and it gets boring really fast. I think it's because of the "sm" part that people want to read it.

I love reading books and for my young age I already have way too much of them XDD, lol. I love fantasy, romantic novels, adventure, etc...

But this is one book that I really, really don't like, no offense :) !!

It's terribly written.

You know how I can tell?

It's fanfiction that got published.

You don't publish fanfiction.

Only about 5 percent of fanfiction I've read is good enough to be published. I respect E.L James as a person, but I can't take her seriously as a writer.

You are setting your standards way too low! There are some great books out there that aren't (as it's been stated above) published fan fiction. I highly recommend anything by Tamora Pierce (she's a fun young adult writer), the Pretty Little Liars series (seriously, read the books, don't watch the show), the Fallen Series by Lauren Kate, or The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. You can do better than 50 Shades of Grey!

@Amarisje have you finished Fallen?? I just loved the ending, it was so perfect!! And I know you'll adore Iron Fey. I actually won a contest that got me an autographed copy of one of the books from the author, so it's especially special, haha. Have you read The Wolves of Mercy Falls series? Really fun twist on werewolves!

No i don't have the final book yet :'( !!!!!

Today I wanted to continue reading in Iron Fey, but i got a massive headache since yesterday evening and it doesn't stop >_> ...

You're so lucky to have an autographed copy, me is super jealous O_O !!!

Never heard of the wolves series, I should check that one out! Have you read the wings series from aprilynne pike, I just love it!

The immortal series from alison noel is also really, really good and I love that ending, just annoying that there are 6/7 (?) books, but i'm glad i have them all now!

Also fated, one of the new series from alison noel is soooooooooo good. It's with people that can change into animals, you should read it!!!

Have you read the vampire academy? I've been thinking of buying a copy, but i'm still not sure if i should or not.

Ooooh! I haven't read any of those, I'll have to go check them out! The library is on my way to and from work! I'm excited now!

You're gonna love the last Fallen!! Sooooooo good! And the Iron Fey series is to die for!

Omg I have so many series that i follow that i mixed one up XDDD

It's the gathering from kelley armstrong that is about the people that can change into animals :p silly me.

Please keep the topic to the book topic. Otherwise, feel free to make a new forum to speak of the other books. Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back