Black Splortch on Tama-Go Screen

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Well, that's the only word I can think of that describes it.

Anyway, my black wave 2 Tama-Go has always had a wonky screen. Even when there were no batteries in it, black stripes of pixels would stay on the screen. But the other day I wasn't even running it and noticed that there was a black splortch in the corner. There were no batteries left in the Tama-Go, so I put some in but alas, the splortch is still there. And it's not made of pixels; it looks like black paint splortchified on the other side of the screen. It must be some kind of leak in the black stuff that makes the pixels.

I am not sure what I should do... I was considering taking it apart and wiping the splortch away but feared that more black stuff would leak out. Besides, I once took another Tama-Go apart and putting it together was not easy.

I might post a photo if I can.

This seems to be an issue in Tama Gos.

Usually happens when dropped. Sowwy for your loss. :< *wugs*

I would open it up. Clean it off and look very closely to see something different. Like a hole or dip in the circut board where it can be seen.

Then if you can't, get a Q-Tip and rub slowly to see if any spot allows more out.

If you were to find the spot, I would put a really thin spot of glue on the spot its leaking.

I would also check the big black splotch for anything. Unsmooth, dips, things like that and make sure that is covering the chip still.

I would open it up. Clean it off and look very closely to see something different. Like a hole or dip in the circut board where it can be seen.

Then if you can't, get a Q-Tip and rub slowly to see if any spot allows more out.

If you were to find the spot, I would put a really thin spot of glue on the spot its leaking.

I would also check the big black splotch for anything. Unsmooth, dips, things like that and make sure that is covering the chip still.
The splotch is LCD damage.

The splotch is LCD damage.
I know. That's what I said, more or less.

This seems to be an issue in Tama Gos.

Usually happens when dropped. Sowwy for your loss. :< *wugs*
I have never dropped this particular Tama-Go, but it is a sad loss as it is my favorite out of my four Tama-Gos. But you are forbidden to cyberhug me. Only Katy-Sama is allowed to do that.

OK, thanks! I'll try that and update if it works. ^_^

Posting a picture might help. I'd like to see what the splortch looks like. Unless your problem was solved.

Ah, I found out that the splortch was between the two pieces of glass that are glued together to form the screen, so I couldn't wipe the splortch away. :( However, for the meantime, I have switched the black Tama-Gos screen with that of my pink Tama-Go. I will still show a photo when I'm not so lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back