What do you think of mainstream music?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you think of mainstream music?

• OMG! I LOVE IT!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • It's fine, I guess, I don't hate it or love it.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Worst kind of music ever! MAINSTREAM MUSIC STINKS!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most mainstream music is nice.

• Most mainstream music is horrible.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Some songs I like are mainstream but I don't really like mainstream...

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I just think it's annoying being played over and over again on the radio...UGH

• IDK

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluegreen

Reaction score
So what's your opinion on mainstream music? For me I don't really care, I'm not that into music (but I can play the piano), so I don't really know. I just think mainstream music is annoying because they play it ALL THE TIME and it gets stuck in my head.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly do you mean? I'm not really sure what mainstream music is...it all depends on the genre, who makes it, etc. ;)

What exactly do you mean? I'm not really sure what mainstream music is...it all depends on the genre, who makes it, etc. ;)
^ Word.

And mainstream also depends on which region someone lives in.

To answer your question, I generally like mainstream music (here) less than, let's say around 90's-2000's music but there are still pretty good artists around.

I just don't like the fact that despite of them being good I still can't justify the over-usage of autotune.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really listen to music at all, but on the rare occassion when I do hear music, on the radio or something, it is horrible garbage. I mostly listen to Japanese pop music, usually Tamagotchi songs. :p

I'm neutral with mainstream music.

Let alone music in general.

Mainstream doesnt really make much difference to me. I prefer rock music but a song has to have a personal meaning or a catchy beat, not just a certain genre

Where I live, mainstream music is almost all....bad.

I mean, some mainstream songs turn out to be good, but when everybody discovers it, it becomes bad.

And then there are the songs that are just plain bad.

I'm against buying popular stuff on iTunes (check my iPod), but often, I find myself buying an album with a few mainstream songs on it. :p I do listen to a few "mainstream" artists, but I usually listen to their tracks buried behind all the popular stuff.

So....I personally don't really like mainstream music, which is polar opposite to my friends, who listen to nothing but mainstream and have nothing but mainstream on their iPods.

Which, personally, I think is kind of stupid, because fads change, songs fade out of popularity, new ones take place, and before you know it, their iPods are all out of date again.

Most mainstream music is absolutely appalling, both in the lyrics, performing and music videos.

Modern lyrics seem to be all about clubbing, sex, drugs and getting drunk, the vast majority of pop artists these days seem to be able to sing in nothing but three notes, plus music videos by men literally always seem to be really, really degrading towards women.

So, no, I don't like it, I try my best to not be rude about it, but when people are so open to how bad they think music I like is, why should I be respectful towards the genre they like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back