How to transfer downloads using USB to IrDA (Pictures)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TamaTamatchi

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Today I would like to explain step by step on how to transfer files from your computer to your iD L by just using a USB to IrDA. There might be a topic on this but people are still very confused and most people say they take very long. Mine is with pictures and I explain it more clearly and step by step. Anyways, lets get onto the tutorial!

Step 1

irusb.png

Please insert your USB to IrDA into your computer. When doing this, it should pop up saying "Downloading USB into computer" onto your computer. Do NOT connect your Tamagotchi right away, wait until it has finished downloading. After you've completed all of this, your ready for step 2.

Step 2

IMG_0463.jpg
IMG_0464.jpg

After the USB cable has been downloaded you could now connect your Tamagotchi iD L to the computer. Go to the 5th icon and select the 4 option (translate means downloads). Connect it to your USB to IrDA. Be sure that the connection is straight together or it will take longer than your expecting (it shouldn't take you longer than 1 connection). After you've completed this, you're ready for step 3.

Step 3

yerp.png
------->

merp.png

Keep connecting until an app appears on your computer. It should say "Send files to another computer" click on that app before it goes away. Do not send the file right away! It will corrupt the system and it will freeze! Find the file you want to send, connect your iD L again. and straight away when it say "TMGC is in Range" you double click the file right away or it will freeze.

Enjoy! :)

- TamaTamatchi

Last edited by a moderator:
Could you perhaps tell or give me a link to what kind of USB stick i need? :)

I just got my own USB infrared device... the same one you have, actually... and it's being such a butt!! I was able to transfer 3 things, and after that, no matter what I do, it keep crashing... I've tried reinstalling, restarting, following exact instruction, but still D: ... anymore tips that could help? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I just got my own USB infrared device... the same one you have, actually... and it's being such a butt!! I was able to transfer 3 things, and after that, no matter what I do, it keep crashing... I've tried reinstalling, restarting, following exact instruction, but still D: ... anymore tips that could help? Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Crashing? Do you mean it freezes when your about to send the file? It means you either sent the file really too fast, or too slow. The minute that it makes the noise when you connect your iD L to your computer, double click the file you want to send (must be a jpeg. File and from either tama-id-l.com or custom made using iDmakeDL provided by binary), but do it quickly, if it isn't fast enough, it will freeze and after awhile tell you the confirming and send was a fail.are you parallel to the USB?

-TamaTamatchi

Yes~ I finally got it after trying all night~ I think the thing I was confused about was that I thought I had to wait a little before sending the file... that's what always made it freeze! So yeah, I tried to do it immediately after it said it was in range (like you initially said in your first post) and it finally work. This whole part:

"Keep connecting until an app appears on your computer. It should say "Send files to another computer" click on that app before it goes away. Do not send the file right away! It will corrupt the system and it will freeze! Find the file you want to send, connect your iD L again. and straight away when it say "TMGC is in Range" you double click the file right away or it will freeze."

kind of confused me, and I should've read carefully so I could've avoided all the frustration ~ Haha~ I thought I had a bad usb stick because it was so cheap...

Are any of you using Windows 7, 64-bit operating systems? I think my problem might have to do with my operating system. I have bought two different irda usb's and neither of them work for transferring files. It's really frustrating because I'm sick of buying new ones. -_- .

Are any of you using Windows 7, 64-bit operating systems? I think my problem might have to do with my operating system. I have bought two different irda usb's and neither of them work for transferring files. It's really frustrating because I'm sick of buying new ones. -_- .
I'm on Windows 7 64-bit but I was able to make mine work. You'll have to time it extremely right.

Once you plug in your USB IrDA and point your device to it, you will hear a "beaming" sound in an ascending tone. That's when the connection is open. Once you hear another beaming sound but in a descending tone, it means the connection has closed.

It takes a few seconds between each.

I'm using the same dongle, and I got it to work well, today; you just have to get into the groove of it. I found that when it's "on a roll," it's best to just transfer everything you want one after another, still waiting for the connection/disconnect sounds and the pop-up. Sometimes it can be annoying getting back into the groove of sending the files.

I'm on Windows 7 64-bit but I was able to make mine work. You'll have to time it extremely right.

Once you plug in your USB IrDA and point your device to it, you will hear a "beaming" sound in an ascending tone. That's when the connection is open. Once you hear another beaming sound but in a descending tone, it means the connection has closed.

It takes a few seconds between each.
Well said, ichiro.malfoy.

- TamaTamatchi

Would I be able to use a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to download things
From what I've gathered off my 2-seconds of research, the Samsung Galaxy Tab's IR port exports signals so that it can be a replacement remote for your television. Some IR ports only recieve information, and do not have the ability to put information out, which is probably why some IR ports do not work with the downloads. Since this is not the case with the tablet you speak of, I'm guessing it is possible. But I'm not 100% sure, because there could be software limitations that don't allow you to export downloads and such.

From what I've gathered off my 2-seconds of research, the Samsung Galaxy Tab's IR port exports signals so that it can be a replacement remote for your television. Some IR ports only recieve information, and do not have the ability to put information out, which is probably why some IR ports do not work with the downloads. Since this is not the case with the tablet you speak of, I'm guessing it is possible. But I'm not 100% sure, because there could be software limitations that don't allow you to export downloads and such.
Thanks If i can't use it I'll just buy a port and fiddle a bit

I have a Macbook with intel and I was told some of these IrDA aren't mac friendly. Anyone here uses one with a mac?
I would also LOVE to know the answer to this. All I have is MAC's and my iD L is on the way and I want to know if I should do all of this. THANKS!

never mind~ ^///^

I'm so late but I really need help!!! -_-

So I bought that exact irda USB dongle, and I put the dongle in the usb before reading the instructions!

I was supposed to put the disc in first, and I have no idea how. Now when I put the disc in, my computer doesnt read it...is there any way to erase away the previous time when i put the dongle in?

Please help!!! -_- :(

I'm so late but I really need help!!! -_-

So I bought that exact irda USB dongle, and I put the dongle in the usb before reading the instructions!

I was supposed to put the disc in first, and I have no idea how. Now when I put the disc in, my computer doesnt read it...is there any way to erase away the previous time when i put the dongle in?

Please help!!! -_- :(
What OS do you have? If it's Windows 7 I *might* be able to help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back