Buying Tamagotchis from Abroad...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGuardian

Reaction score
Hi, First of all, sorry if this doesn't belong here... I'm new to posting, so I'm very ignorant.... :(

I was wondering, ya know, with all you experienced tamagotchi owners, where you actually get your stuff from? I live in England, and we have, I suppose we all do, terrible custom charges over a certain amount. I wondered what site you go on to buy tamas, and how much you expect to pay, and if you get charged extra shipping in custom rates because tamagotchis are electronic?

Does that even make sense?

Thanks, anyhow! :lol:

The Tamagotchis in my collection are from department stores, gifts, and eBay. When I buy from eBay, I don't have to pay any customs or whatever; I just pay for the item, shipping if needed, and it arrives without any mess. ^-^ I suppose I'm lucky that way, haha.

Most of us buy Tamagotchis from eBay or Amazon, and now some users are using TaoBao for English iD L's and/or other Tamagotchis. Yahoo Auctions is an option too, although you'll have to use a site like Rinkya to buy from it, and there's lots of extra costs.

same here kutchipatchi.is.blue... i buy mine off of ebay and normally i just pay for the item and it shows up with no problems.

I've bought all of mine off of ebay. Amazon is too expensive with v4s being in the 50-70 USD range for used. (Are they out of their minds?!) I've never paid for customs but I live in the US. You might try some co-ops/flea markets/second hand stores and you might luck out.

Yeah, Ebay is the best. I live in England too - and I didn't have to pay any customs for both the Tamas I bought of Ebay (V4 and V6)..although Gotchi Figures are a little tricky.

I bet.

No, you wont pay customs in the same country, but have you ever tried to buy tamas over seas, and had it held (literally, for ransom :p )? I haven't tried with Tamagotchis before, but my mom had to pay ££££££ extra when she ordered something from the USA....

Also, how much do you expect to pay for one tamagotchi?

Well, my ID L got lost in the mail for a long while (came from Japan), they delivered it to someone else :angry:

When it finally got to my adress (with EMS shipping) after almost a month I had to pay 30$ extra for handling costs and taxes. Which I normally never have to pay!

Feel kinda ripped off by the mail service because the person who first recieved it didn't have to pay anything and just got it while it didn't have her name or adress on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back