Is this a fake?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

icewolf113

Reaction score
Ok so I just ordered my first tamagotchi on ebay, Its a connection v2 yellow with butterflys on it from the same seller who is now selling this one. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamagotchi-2004-Funky-Flowers-/140844541247?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20cafd253f

I looked everywhere to see if i could find this one and I can not find it anywhere, now I am worried that I may have bought a fake. Luckly he accepts returns, so hopefully i wont have a problem. The seller does have a good rateing and the compaints he had was far back. Any thoughts?

awesome, I couldnt find any pics online of it but that makes me feel so much better. I havent played with a tamagotchi since 1999... long time ago and they have changed alot so I guess I am a newbie again. I am really excited for mine to come in the mail and i might buy another one. I told my friend I want to start collecting them again. Back when I was a kid I had 2 gen 1s and an angel. Wish I could find them but I can't. :( someday I will buy new ones. Thank you for putting my mind at ease.

I own the exact same kind, yellow with butterflies. It's legit unless it's a good fake.
It has yet to arrive, It shipped out yesterday so im anxiously awaiting it. I am thinking about buying a second one. Part of me wants a Gen1 but I like the fact that I can pause the connections. So I donno what my next tama will be yet.

120905-235716-1.jpg

Excuse the crappiness of my photo, but this is a jphoto I took a minute ago of my Yellow with Butterflies V2. Does yours look like this? If it does, then you have nothing to worry about as long as they didn't go through all the trouble of making a good fake. I love the V2s, it might be nice to get a pair. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take pictures and post them as soon as i get mine, I need to get a new battery as the seller told me it worked, was tested but they dont ship them with batterys. Sure theres a reason, possible they might exsplode in extreme heat or something, I have seen some nasty battery discharge. I am planning on getting a second, not sure if i want another v2 or if i want to try the v4, I have seen a few v4s on ebay that look legit (one of which is from someone on the forum) I am hopeing that I will get my v2 tomorrow.... but the shipping date says between the 8th and the 10th but I can hope for sooner, it has happened before. I really would like to get my hands on another angel, but from what I have seen price wise, its not gonna happen any time soon. I almost bought a v3 that was green with flowers on it but I decided I liked the v2 with the butterflys better, It looked like it was in better shape.

If you have any concerns or wonder if something is legit, don't hesitate to post on here. We're pretty good at spotting fakes. As for why they don't ship with the batteries, some sellers worry that the battery might overheat or even leak and ruin the tama. If you start really getting into tamas, you might want to look into ordering batteries in bulk from an ebay seller. (That's how I do it as it is much cheaper than buying from Walmart) V3s and V4s are both good versions as well. The V3 adds the online aspect and the V4 adds the school/jobs aspect; both have their respective pros and cons. Either versions are good in their own right.

I did see an ebay selling the batteries, and I wasnt sure if they were any good, I will probably pick up a battery from walmart for now, and get the giant pack from ebay later. I have a few other things that use the same battery as the v2 so it may work out in my favor. Hopefully the hubby will let me get another one soon, as I have decided this is what I want to start recollecting.

Tamagotchi%20Connection%20V2.jpg

Here are some real US V2 Tamagotchis. Yours is not in the picture, but it does look similar to all these. That sums up that its not a fake :D

Btw, if you need help on avoiding fakes, check this topic and this topic.

Ya i did read that topic, But I know people have put up pictures and then sent a diffrent item. I have been an ebay user long enough to have had that happen with things that arent even as popular as tamagotchis. -.- I am always leary when I buy things on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back