Music Star Missing Pixels?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guard

Reaction score
So I stopped playing with my tamas for a while (like, a year), but then I started playing again. I put new batteries in ALL of mine, and they were fine. But then I put a battery in my Music Star, and there were three huge blocks of pixels missing. The Music Star wasn't without a battery any more than the others, yet it was the only one. I'm tempted to check the circuit board, but I did that before on my V3 and broke sound wires, and I don't want a repeat of that. Please help!!! :wacko: (I'll post a pic if I can)

Last edited by a moderator:
Did your Music Star get dropped? The screen may have gotten a bit crooked or something. (Sorry that I don't know much about fixing Tamas.

Tighten the small screws and see if the pixels go away. If not, check if the battery is fixed in properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you dare, you can unscrew and open up the tamagotchi completley, and take out the screen, and almost surely fix it by doing following:

On the sides of the glass screen, you'll find two rubber rectangles.

Peel them off, and then rub them gently with a slightly damp cloth on both sides, and on the glass screen, where they were stuck.

Before screwing the tama together again, you simply lay them back in place, and make sure nothing is between them and the screen or the circuit board.

I had to do this once, because my friend had opened her tama out, and panicked when one of the rubber rectangles fell off.

She had glued it back in place, not knowing that it would work completley fine if she'd just laid it back.

Half the screen went completley blank afterwards, but I managed to help her fix it by rubbing the glue off.

I hope you get it to work again!!

I would open it up. Look at the circut board for things on the lighter green paths. If anything looks like its on that path, rub it carefully with a Q-Tip. Then look for things that look like they don't belong. Then rub those off with a Q-Tip.... This hopefully cleans it to be working once all the screws are tightened, snug and the battery has been placed.

Did your Music Star get dropped? The screen may have gotten a bit crooked or something. (Sorry that I don't know much about fixing Tamas.

Never dropped it ONCE. I'm very careful with my tamas.

And I'm a tad bit nervous to open it up and look inside; I don't want to break it accidently. I want it fixed though, so if I know I have little to fear, I'll do it. :ph34r:

There is a tutorial on how to remove dead pixels from the screen at this link www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/183080-how-to-remove-dead-pixels-from-your-tamagotchi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back