Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Gen 1 Screw Story *long*

stripped screws gen1 gen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Kait

• kait user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:35 PM ( #21 )

My JIS screwdrivers arrived a few days ago, and they're FANTASTIC. I used to strain myself so much with a Phillips Head every time I wanted to remove a screw, but it's so easy with the JIS ones!

So, would using a JIS on Devilgotchi screws prevent the heads from breaking off? Because that's my biggest worry. :/ I know that the Devil screws are notoriously soft, but are they really that much softer than the regular vintage ones? I'm having a hard time finding replacement screws, but i also don't want to keep the Devil screws in if there's even a slight chance that they could break off over time. Any tips?

I've gotta say-
I ordered a set of 4 JIS screwdrivers from Amazon for about $15 plus $5 shipping. They arrived recently, and I had at least 3 vintage Tamas waiting to be opened up to get the batteries out. I used the JIS screwdriver, and wow, huuuuge difference. Like night and day difference. I struggled with Phillips... I had to push very hard and be very careful at the same time. With the JIS ones, it was like boom easymode. I didn't have to push as hard, and they seemed to open a million times easier.

I'd recommend them in a heartbeat, and would definitely praise Binary for filling me in. I did a ton of searching beforehand and didn't read anything about the difference screwdrivers.

tamagotchialice

• tamagotchialice user photo

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:26 AM ( #22 )

WOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW......So long!
I can imagine what you were feeling when the screws got stripped, happened to me one my old V2......
But I mean, it must of been something you really loved if you cried over it. I mean, I've almost broken my Tama once, and I havent cried. You are 21, and you cried! Imagine how much you treasured that Tama!
Im glad you ended up with it being royalty, treasured, and going every where with you^^

Kait

• kait user photo

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:57 PM ( #23 )

Hehe, yeah, what can I say.. it was silly to tear up. I was just so heartbroken that I destroyed it so much.

Also, came to update with a photo of the same Tama in present day :) I gave in and bought a used P2 on E-Bay for $7. I used it's entire back half for this beloved P1, and also replaced a screen on another Tamagotchi I had.
Here's what it looks like now!

http://25.media.tumb...vuzqo1_1280.jpg

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:17 PM ( #24 )

Wow, that's a neat colour combination you've got there :)

Kait

• kait user photo

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:15 PM ( #25 )

I lucked out that they matched so perfectly!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stripped, screws, gen1, gen