Guys, I need some help.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicfan253

Reaction score
I'm not exactly new to Tamagotchis, but I've kept my Tama-Go paused for awhile, and I'm afraid if I unpause it I'll forget about it since I haven't cared for it in so long. Anyone wanna help me get back into Tamagotchis?

Hmm. I don't know exactly what to tell you D:

The reason I am so into my Tama is because I think of the little guy as someone that needs me. Maybe it's my woman "maternal instincts" that keep me wanting to look after it, like a mom would look after her child. (I know that sounds weird, but that's probably why there is a slightly larger amount of females who have Tamagotchis than males... and then can go as far to see why Bandai is making tamas more girl-orientated...)

But I guess my suggestion is to keep it around with you, maybe even restart it to the baby stage so you have to keep an eye on it? (unless you don't want to reset your points or something! >.<) That way you wont forget about it, at least for that hour it's a baby, then just keep it with you so that you are aware of it? Hmm.

Isn't this one of the types of tamagotchi that if you take the batteries out and place them back in again later it lets you download your previous character you were playing? I mean, if you are keeping it paused anyway, why not save the battery life?

I'm not telling you to give them up completely, but if you want to take a break from tamagotchi for a while you can. :) there is nothing wrong with that. Sometimes when I get really sick or I'm in the hospital or going to the doctors often I turn off my tamas cause I can't always keep my mind on them.

-Purn

There's no shame in setting your tama to the side for awhile. Even when I'm not doing school or dealing with my son, I sometimes don't want to deal with my tamas. I usually pause them or remove the battery if I plan to not touch them for a long time. You can try to force yourself to play with them but I find that I get "bad care" characters more often when I do that which frustrates me and it just cycles like that.

I just got extremely bored so I paused it. I hope I'll get an ID-L soon so I won't be bored again!

Sonicfan, if you just unpause your Tama-Go, it can't actually die. Seriously, I left mine alone for over 24 hours and it was ill, but other than that, it was just fine. If it's the low-maintenance thing that's boring, get a higher-maintenance one. But, if you're super-busy, unpause the Tama-Go and try your luck with the characters, no risk involved (other than getting bad care characters). Or take a break, remove the batteries, etc. Then you'll start reminiscing about how awesome it is to play with them, and you've got your Tama-Go right there, just put in the batteries. It's happened to me many times.

So simply put, as a Tamagotchi fan, you'll find yourself drawn back toward your Tamagotchi like a magnet when you're ready. Have fun!

I agree with Amat Gotchi, as a Tamagotchi fan, I'm sure you'll always find yourself returning to your beloved Tamas. Maybe you just need a break. Or perhaps consider looking at a different version.

Thanks alot, Amat Gotchi! I've unpaused it and I'm sure I'll keep it that way for awhile!

I tried debugging 2 Tamagotchis: a V3 and a V4.5. First my V4.5: I used the debug feature, and put pencil in the debug pads. I put the Tama back together, and then was unable to select a character. I hatched and it was stuck in hyperspeed. I couldn't do anything with it. When I was putting it back together after un-debugging it, I accidentally broke the sound wires. When I halfheartedly tried debugging the V3 (to no avail) I decided the possible messing up of the Tamagotchi was not worth it. I like the excitement of not knowing what Tamagotchi character you will get. :)

If you really want to try debugging a Tamagotchi, go ahead. Just don't be too attached to it already, and be super-careful. (Sonicfan I know you don't even have a debuggable Tamagotchi, but still.)

Thanks again, Amat Gotchi!

Awhile ago I was all like: "Let's open this crap!" and then got to the battery casing before I forgot that I didn't have a screwdriver small enough, and this is when I started getting messages telling me it doesn't have a debug feature. "Flip." I said, as I tried to find the other screwdriver.

There's a story paragraph of what I learned.

Please do not bump topics older than three months. Please read the rules and check the date before posting. This topic is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back