P1 (Japanese version) or Tamagotchi Mini?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mishi10345

Reaction score
Recently, I've been scouring eBay for one of the original Tamagotchis released in 1996-1997, and I found one with a really cool shell design, which I then purchased: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/180963291731?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1288

However, I came across a blog post featuring this very same Tamagotchi, only the author said it was a Tamagotchi Chibi/Mini: https://pixelpettingzoo.blogspot.ca/2010/08/review-tamagotchi-mini.html

The title of the eBay listing said ti was a 1997 Tamagotchi, so now I'm just confused. Is this the mini or the original?

The top link was an original. The mini came out for one of the anniversary. It was a play on the older design you just bought.

What've you've purchased is indeed an authentic Japanese P1. The Chibi Tamagotchi series are mini versions of the original Tamagotchi released in the late 90's. The Chibis were released in 2004 I believe.

The Chibi versions are much more simple in game play. The pixels are larger too - which actually distinguishes the two apart quite dramatically.

Thanks so much to both of you! I was getting worried, because I wasn't completely sure what the packaging for the Japanese P1's and P2's looked like. The English version ones are much more easily recognized thanks to the spiffy box. :p

The japanese chibi versions were created to mimic the look of the originals - i know it's hard to tell from the pics, but the chibis are a bit more ~cube... like.... if that makes sense... They have flatters sides and bottoms. Also if you look at the pic of the chibi the pixels seem HUGE compared to the size of the device and the regular tamas have pixels that look more.... pixel size XDTo be honest they are good mimics of originals, but the paint still looks a little off compared to the originals hahaha. But yeah as others have said - no need to fear your tama is the good ol' version :)

-Purn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back