Japanese Tama's?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hardcore Tama

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was just curious on people opinions on Japanese Tama's? For Christmas I'd like to either get a iD L or a Tamagotchi P, but I am unsure if I would want to buy the Tamagotchi P because it's in Japanese only. I know there are English Version iD L's but they are more expensive. Japanese iD L's can go for around $60 now. So I don't know really want I want :( Opinions, thoughts? Is the Japanese hindering on your experience?

I was a little wery when getting my japanese tamas... But I found it really easy to memorize where things were. Sometimes I do wonder what they say... But it doesn't stop the play at all. The Hexagon one is a game show and needs more ... help. But otherwise, I have been veiwing it as really simple to play.

My IDL and Color are quite easy to me. You have played with a tama before, so you shouldn't have an issue caring for it. Unless its the Hexagon Color.

I am going to assume, the Tama P is simmilar in the playable case.

Don't let it bother or stop you. I was so afraid of it at first, but now i have the id l and nano (both in Japanese) and i love them.

It's just a matter of memorizing a few things :) i doesn't change the game play or anything.

Like SailorRosette said, sometimes you wonder what they are talking about, but don't let that stop you :) .

Above!

It's very easy to learn what the menus are after some getting used to. I'd usually look up a guide if it was my first time with a new line of Tamas and just write the menus down as they went. I have both a Japanese and English ID L, and while English has it's conveniences, I think I'd rather have just saved some money and gotten another Japanese :p My collection says otherwise, though.. but enjoyment-wise, they're the same.

Okay well thanks. I'm still weary and yeah, I would like to know what they are saying, but okay! I'll try my best.

Okay well thanks. I'm still weary and yeah, I would like to know what they are saying, but okay! I'll try my best.
I've been working on trying to learn some japanese so the idL in japanese is fine for me. Honestly though, if you can remember what most of the options are it's pretty easy to follow. Plus there are so many things to work on unlocking in the idL that it hasn't really gotten boring for me yet! I'm still trying to get a pet for my tama :)

-Purn

Get a tamagotchi p if you want upgraded features.
Yes get a P for upgraded features, but Ive watched YouTube about reviews, etc. about iDLs, and I really like them. I think you should just which one you prefer/like better/etc.

I have heard from some people that they are trying to learn Japanese just for the sake of understanding their Tamagotchi P/iDL, but I personnally dont think it is really necessary. They COULD go online and do what Kait said:

Above!

It's very easy to learn what the menus are after some getting used to. I'd usually look up a guide if it was my first time with a new line of Tamas and just write the menus down as they went. I have both a Japanese and English ID L, and while English has it's conveniences, I think I'd rather have just saved some money and gotten another Japanese :p My collection says otherwise, though.. but enjoyment-wise, they're the same.
Like they could write down the menus as they read it. I think that this is helpful, because if I ever get a Japanese iDL, then I would do this :)

Yes as tamagotchialice has said choose what you like. You got plenty of time to get a tamagotchi p especially since tons of tama deco pierces are coming soon!

Not knowing the language can be really intimidating, but I think you should go for it.

To be honest, I never even bother trying to read anything LOL I just memorize where everything is.

Not only that, there will be guides that can help you out.

As a suggestion: I think you should go with the tama p's because it's newer, upgraded with a lot more features (yet seems to contain everything the ID L has).

Good luck in your decision!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not too hard to get used to a Japanese Tama.

After some trial and error and memorizing things get easy.

I have 5 Tamagotchis and only 2 are in English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back