Tamagotchi v4 and v5 problems and questions.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissP201

Reaction score
Hey.

Well, I recently got a V4 Tama (Dark blue design)

and if you move it too much, the screen cuts out. Any ideas what this could be? (PS Im too chicken to open it up further than the battery part)

And one thing - Why doesn't the V5 Pause? (I know the equivalent though) but why doesn't it?

Taking apart your tama won't hurt it... Unless of course, you lick your fingers and meddle with the parts, which I'm sure you wont do! Open it up, yes, tightening the screws will help, but also look for dried on yuck that will affect your tama's vision. Just remove it, I used a screwdriver, but try not to scratch it. I've had this trouble recently with a v4. It turns out the previous owner attemped to debug it and failed. The parts have all caked crud on :p Good Luck!

Edit: After all this tech stuff I forgot about your v5 question! Familitchis don't pause, but sending them on TamaTravel will have the same effect. Its under the television icon. Good Luck again!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, do take apart the V4; you haven't too much to lose... just make sure you DON'T BREAK THE SOUND WIRES!!! the way I did. Now one of my V4.5s is mute (though if I took the time to solder it, it would be OK). Tamagotchis are delicate things.

About the V5, they have the pause feature changed to a travel show, maybe to make it more family-esque and snazzy. Also, the Famitama (Japanese) doesn't have any way to pause it unless you buy a travel ticket, a one-time use item that does the same as the travel show. Bandai's reason might be to make it as similar as possible to the Japanese one. It's a worldwide release, after all. But who REALLY knows Bandai's motives... :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back