Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Avoid using Rinkya

rinkya

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

kittenCorn

• kittencorn user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:29 PM ( #1 )

I'm a very hard person to disgruntle but Heather from Rinkya has officially succeeded. So I'm holding to my promise to let anyone I might know who might consider using Rinkya as a method of purchasing items from Japan to avoid the hassle and head ache.

Everything was going fine until my boyfriend mentioned that he was getting charges from Rinkya on his credit card. Curious about this as I had only used his card for one purchase I opened a support ticket in order to find out why his card was continually being charged. Heather, was the one to respond. She was literally the most useless person to have had answered my ticket. She avoided answering questions directly and when she did answer it was in such a demeaning way. Suffice it to say I got pretty upset.

First she told me that credit cards # are not saved on file and that anything that was charged was done by me. When I called BS on the credit card she finally explained that it was saved on the server not on file. When I asked again about why his card was being charged and not the one that I had opened the account with, she started to get rude, asking how could they possibly have my bf's credit card #. After much back and forth of me trying to get clarification on why my bf's credit card was continually being used and some of the charges, Heather finally gave me the last four digits of the saved credit card which confirmed it was the wrong card. She then reset the information to allow me to input new payment information.

The whole time she avoided providing details about some of the charges that I was asking about... Merely stating that I paid for everything so I should know.

By this point I just closed the ticket and opened a new one hoping that I would get someone else to answer my question. Thankfully I did. I got my answer from Elaine after only asking ONCE and everything was resolved. At the time I was angry and had submitted an inquiry about closing my account. But heard nothing back about it.

So weeks after this mess was dealt with my account was still open and I found an auction that was more than worthwhile to bid on. I place a bid and head to bed, setting my alarm clock to wake me up right before the auction ended.

I wake up only to find that I can't sign in. I try everything and I can't sign into my account. So needless to say I lost the auction because I couldn't log in.

Annoyed I again open up a support ticket and unfortunately Heather is the one to answer, and this is all I get:

Hi xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for your mail!
Your Rinkya account was closed and you cannot bid using our system.

Thank you! ^_^
Heather
Rinkya
"What do you want from Japan?"

http://www.rinkya.com
http://www.facebook.com/Rinkya
http://www.twitter.com/laurelrinkya

And I've received no answer as to why.

So I just wanted to let others know that there are other sites with better customer service and support staff that actually answer a person's questions and try to help alleviate their concerns... And who don't hold vendettas against customers. Heather is a complete determent to Rinkya who ruin it for people like Elaine and Scott who are wonderful and helpful. If you can manage to avoid dealing with Heather or her personal vendettas Rinkya is just fine to use but considering I've only ever dealt with either Heather, Scott or Elaine you've got a one in three chance of dealing with someone who is completely unreasonable.

(I think Heather is actually the CEO. She tried to pull a PR stunt on mylespaul forum and failed miserably. And reading through the mylespaul forum I found out that this is not the first time they've banned someone due to Rinkya staff being completely unreasonable. So they have a history...)

Replies

Views

Started

28 Sep 2012

Last Post

18 Oct 2012

Stefke2108

• stefke2108 user photo

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:18 PM ( #2 )

Ugh what a story!
I was looking into Rinkya the other day but wasn't sure I wanted to deal with such companies. Glad I didn't!

Kait

• kait user photo

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:45 PM ( #3 )

Wow, I'm sorry about your troubles - but thank you for sharing them. Were the charges ever refunded?

kittenCorn

• kittencorn user photo

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:03 PM ( #4 )

Wow, I'm sorry about your troubles - but thank you for sharing them. Were the charges ever refunded?

Turns out that two of the charges were listed separately on the invoice but then charged together on the card. But for some reason the math wasn't working out for me so I just needed it clarified.

Ugh what a story!
I was looking into Rinkya the other day but wasn't sure I wanted to deal with such companies. Glad I didn't!

Well I'm sure you could check out Jauce. I'm looking into them right now.

jzwolf530

• jzwolf530 user photo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 07:24 PM ( #5 )

That sounds awful. I hate it when customer service is crap, they really need to train these people better and stop hire incompetent knuckleheads.

kittenCorn

• kittencorn user photo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:38 PM ( #6 )

That sounds awful. I hate it when customer service is crap, they really need to train these people better and stop hire incompetent knuckleheads.

AGREED!

kittenCorn

• kittencorn user photo

Posted 29 September 2012 - 09:16 PM ( #7 )

So I have updates! This woman actually threatened me when I said that I would going to make sure that I shared my experience with others who might be considering using Rinkya... I still can't believe it.

Her:

Unfortunately, per our policy, if you make a claim that we are charging your credit card arbitrarily (which we physically and legally cannot do), it makes you a security risk. :( I am sure you can understand that we take such threats very seriously.

We are also sure that other companies like Rinkya would really like to know if they have a security risk on their hands as well. However, we shall refrain from telling others and amicably part ways. ^_^

Sorry about the trouble. Good luck in the future! ^_^

Thank you! ^_^
Heather
Rinkya
"What do you want from Japan?"

My response:

I asked for clarification of the charging process as well as the $45 charge. When you REFUSED to help me, Elaine did WITHOUT issue. One support ticket and I had my answer.

And as it turns out the wrong card was saved on the server so if there even had been a claim, which there wasn't, the wrong card WAS being charged and I merely wanted to know WHY it had replaced the credit card I had opened the account with. I NEVER said Rinkya was charging the card. But consider when the wrong card is being charged and there's a charge I don't recognize, of course I'm going to be concerned and want to know what's going on. Instead of being "amicable" and helpful, you were condescending and RUDE.

My account was open for weeks after that support ticket was closed. Closing my account only after I had bid on an item is merely vindictive and childish. If my account was to be closed it should have been done immediately after the apparent "claim".

When you give such dismal customer service you can only expect that you shall be remembered for it. I’m merely sharing my experience with my peers so that they are aware of how poorly you treat your customers.

And after reading some other reviews of your company this is not the first time you’ve been spiteful towards customers. I wish I had known this before using your service.

And seriously? You're going to threaten me? Then say you won't actually do what you threaten like this gives you the moral high ground? This is how you run your business?

I certainly hope you learn to treat your customers better or you're going to lose many more.

I'd just like to emphasize that Elaine and Scott are both wonderful to deal with... You are not.

Based on this I'm more than happy to part ways. Please tell Elaine and Scott I said thank you for all their help.

Edited by kittenCorn, 29 September 2012 - 09:28 PM.

teardroponfire

• teardroponfire user photo

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:43 AM ( #8 )

What a horrible company! I am sorry you are having such an awful time. Thank you for the heads up about them, because I have never heard about that site!

rinkyaishopeless

• rinkyaishopeless user photo

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:24 PM ( #9 )

OP you're not alone.

http://www.mylespaul...-our-niche.html
http://www.mylespaul...m-shipping.html

rinkyaishopeless

• rinkyaishopeless user photo

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:39 PM ( #10 )

www.jauce.com is also a very good substitute.long time purchaser here