IRDA with cellphone

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amarisje

Reaction score
I tried everything today, but i can't use my very cheap irda usb stick... it doesn't work on vista, even if i try to install it under windows 98 or XP...nothing happens...the program works, stick doesn't, lol.

So i'm looking for a ver cheap nokia cellphone to use irda, but how does it work?

How do you get the files from your computer in the cellphone? Because my laptop doesn't have an irda port.

I have a samsung at the moment, who doesn't support irda, but i can put lots of files from my computer in it by using a tiny memory card

that i can put into an sd card.

Can this work with a nokia as well???

You just casually get the jpg files into the cellphone with a memory card OR an usb cable which comes with the phone, then send it from the gallery via irda like to another phone.

Aw shame it doesn't work :( I bought mine from Germany and works like a charm on win7.

Did you follow the step by step guide that's posted on Tamazone?

Are you sure that the files you want to send are for IDL and not ID? (I had that problem at first :p )

If you want to try using a old phone you'll need to buy a matching usb cable for that. And also a simcard, I think that could become quite expensive in the end :(

haven't tried it on windows 7 yet, which usb do you have stefke?

There isn't a VERY old phone needed. Sony Ericcson w300i is completely fine.

I don't have a cable for it so I send files from yet another phone for which I have the cable OR a usb adapter for the micro sd card compatible via bluetooth. Works like a charm.

Sorry everyone, forgot what i said, a friend helped me out and said i had to trick the software by telling it that i have an xp computer instead of a vista.

Works like a charm right now, now i'm trying to figure out how to play all these new games ^-^ !!!

I'M SO HAPPY :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back