Tamago: An In Depth Reveiw

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainbowmetchi

Reaction score
So I recently purchased a Tamagotchi Tama-go via Ebay and I must say I'm LOVING it! The tamago is the latest model to be released in the states as far as I know. The Japanese seem to be keeping the colored light screens all to themselves. But anyway the Tamago is by far my favorite tamagotchi to be released, mostly because it is very unique, not only in appearance but in functions as well. I watched a lot of promo Youtube videos prior to my purchase, mostly ones posted by tamame20 (his youtube account name) and found them extremely helpful and I do reccomend checking out all of his videos. Especially for gotchi-figure reveiws and referances. That said, I've decided to post my own, in depth tamago reveiw.

So the first thing we notice about the Tamago is its appearance.

Compared to previous U.S. released models it is by far the biggest. The shell and buttons resemble the Tamagotchi color in many ways. The shell is thick and has more of an egg-shaped quality to it. It fits comfortably in the palm of your hand for easier button access which I find much more efficent. It does take two AAA batteries, adding to the weight but for the most part the Tamago is quite lightweight. The bottom is flat so the egg shape is able to stand upright. The button limitations remain at the traditional A, B, and C as they always have, however, the Tamago buttons are larger and made of hard plastic, unlike the small, rubbery buttons of previous models.

Next is color. The first wave of Tamagos released came in 3 different colors and themes. Lime green with Mametchi, sky blue with Memetchi, and white with Kutchipatchi. Wave 2 features black with Mametchi, purple with Memetchi and pink with Kutchipatchi.

I currently have the pink Kutchipatchi Tamago (But I also want the white one too.) There are other differences in the wave two Tamagos but we'll get to that later.

Now we have the removeable topper, which slides on and off fairly easy. The top stays attatched to the Tamago itself by a small plastic chain. I've heard that this chain is not very durable and liable to break easily but so far it has worked fine for me, But anyhoo this is where the gotchi figure can be accessed.

Here is a list of the gotchi figures currently available:

Mametchi (included with lime green or black tamago)

Memetchi (included with sky blue or purple tamago)

Kutchipatchi (included with white or pink tamago)

Sebiritchi

Itchigotchi

Kuromametchi

Violetchi

Chamametchi

Ringotchi

Shimashimatchi

Makiko

Ponytchi

If you turn the figures over youll see that the connectors are heart shaped (adorable!!!) Each gotchi figure unlocks new games and features to the tamago. A faceplate is also incluted with eatch figure.

The faceplates are the changeable designs around the screen of the tamago. A faceplate is made of just plain paper. A little too flimsy if you ask me. They are held in place by a clear plastic covering. Depending on which wave of tamago you purchase, this plastic covering will be different. The plastic covering for the wave 1 tamagos are smooth and plain while wave 2 tamago coverings are what some people say gemmed. This simply means that the plastic covering is shaped to have a diamond sort of appearence, much like that of the iD L. At the base of eatch plastic covering is a slit with which u can insert your fingernail to pop the covering off and change the faceplates to whatever you like. You can even make your own designs!

Now lets get down to whats inside the tamago. The fist thing you'll notice is your tamagotchi actually has a house now with furniture and possibly even a window. Unlike previous tamagotchis, the tamago actually has a greyscale quality to give surroundings more detail.

When you first activate your tamagotchi tamago you will see an egg moving in the center of the screen. Before you can do anything you must enter your information (birthday, username, date, time, ect.)

The first icon in the upper lefthand corner is the stats button. The first slide of this icon shows you the age, weight, sex, and generation of your tamagotchi. The next slide is your hungry/happy hearts. Next up is training and friendship meters, then you'll come to a slide that is labeled "characters" and an egg that has a number on it. This counts how many gotchi figures you have connected with. The more figures you connect with, the number will rise. The next slide tells what kind of tamagotchi you have and the number of points you currently hold, and the last slide shows your username.

The next icon is the chef hat. There you can feed your tama a meal or snack. Meals fill hungry hearts and snacks fill happy hearts. If you wish to get a more popular tamagotchi I HIGHLY suggest you only feed your tamagotchi treats every once in a while. Depending soully on meals and snacks to fill happy/hungry hearts will make your tamagotchi overweight and increase the chances of getting an unpopular tamagotchi. Pork and beans is always in your meal inventory. It fills two hungry hearts while all other meals fill one. Milk is always in your snack inventory and all snacks fill one happy heart each. When scanning through your food inventory, your tama will be waiting in the bottom righthand corner. If it turns around with a happy face, this indicates that the food item is one of its favorites. Feeding your tama its favorite food helps to raise the friendship bar.

Next icon up is the toilet. In order to fill up the training bar, pay close attention to your tamagotchi, especially when it's young. If your tama begins to wiggle hit the toilet icon and your tama will use the bathroom on the potty. After doing this, praise it and it will fill the training bar up by two or three points. If you are too late to catch your tama and it has pooped on the floor, scold it and hit the toilet button to clean up the mess. Not cleaning up your tamas mess will make it sick.

The next icon is a new one. The door icon! By clicking the door button it will reveal many options for you. The first option is game. Your tama will then leave its house and walk down the street to the game center where you can choose between either the "shoot the bug" game or "long jump". I'm not sure if all games are the same on other tamagos but those are the available games on the pink tamago. Playing games helps to decrease your tamas weight, gain points, fill happy hearts, and friendship.

Another door option is the shop. Again your tama will leave their house and go to the shop. At the shop you can select to shop for food or remodel. By choosing food, you will find yourself inside the shop. A food item will pop up on the right side of the screen and the shopkeeper will appear to the left, holding up the nuber of the item. There are 4 different food items available at a time. When you decide which one you want, hit the center button and the price will appear. Hit the center button again to purchase it. In the place of the item you bought there will now be a sold out sign. The shop renews its items about 3 to 4 times a day. When you return home you can now feed your tama the newly purchased food. For each food item you buy, a number three will appear in the top lefthand screen. Your tama can eat one type of food 3 times before you run out.

The remodel option at the shop allows you to change the interior of your tamas home there are 5 choices in all and each one costs 5,000 points. Once you buy a new home, the one you had previously will go on sale in the shop again.

The door icon is also where your tama can go to the date place. At the date place your tama will be able to find that special someone! Your tama will walk in and another tamagotchi will appear on the screen. They'll dance and then the option to marry them will pop up. If you choose not to marry, the tama will sulk off and you will return home, free to try again whenever you like. If the answer is yes, your tamas will kiss and return home together until they have a baby. It takes about a day or two until a baby will appear and another day or two until its parents leave and you are left to care for the next generation! Remember your tama can only marry after they turn 6!

Then you have the park. The park function does not do anything to my knowledge other than entertain. At the park your tama can play with other tamagotchis either on the swings, teeter totter, or the sandbox.

The last top icon appears to be a Mametchi. This icon can only be chosen when a gotchi figure is attatched to the tamago. This icon acts a a portal to the unlockable games and features on the gotchi figure.

Now we go to the bottom lefthand corner icon which is a speech bubble. Click this icon when scolding or praising your tama. Remember, praise it when it uses the toilet. Scold it when it poops on the floor. You also should scold it when an "!" pops up above its head and all its hearts are filled. Praising and scolding your tama correctly will raise the training bar.

The next icon is the first aid kit. Only use this if a skull appears over your tamas head to treat it of its sickness. Sickness usually occurs if you've failed to clean up your tamas poop.

The next icon is a heart with radio waves coming out of it. By choosing this icon you can connect with other tamagos and other versions of tamagotchi. I'm not sure which versions are compatible and which are not. But what harm is there in experimenting?

The last icon is an open book. This keeps records of how many generations have passed and how many other tamagotchis you have connected with. By choosing either friends or memory, you can see the data from past or connected tamagotchis.

There is one last icon but it has never been available to me so I'm not quite sure what it does.

EXTRAS

Tamagotchis get sleepy too! Adult tamas usually go to bed at 9pm. Younger ones go to bed around 7 or 8. Tamas wake up usually around 8 or 9 am so be prepared.

Sometimes you can catch your tama brushing its teeth or showering before bed too!

By pressing the A and B buttons, you can pause your tamagotchi tamago if you are at work or school

By pressing the A and C buttons you can turn the sound on and off, in case you want to bring it along with you to school or work! XD

I plan on posting more information regarding gotchi figures as soon as I get a hold of some. (I really want sebiritchi, shimashimatchi, and kuromametchi!)

If you have any more questions feel free to ask away!

(note: I do not claim any of the photos posted as my own)

Great Review! I'm sure people will find this very helpful. I just want to point out that Memetchi, Mametchi and Kuchipatchi figures are availible on their own too. :)

Thanks for this review; I'm sure it will become the review of choice for new Tama-Go owners.
imageproxy.php

Great review! I love the Tama-Go too! And sorry for being off-topic but I LOVE your avatar...I'm Detective Anpan-obsessed. xD

The remodel option at the shop allows you to change the interior of your tamas home there are 5 choices in all and each one costs 5,000 points.

If you get lots of points, more expensive remodels will pop up occasionaly. Plus, the bedroom, bathroom, and outside ( when planting with Violetchi figure ) all change to fit the remodel. I know from experience.

Yup, and they look more grand. This time I saw a palace sort of house for 300,000 Gotchi Points, and last time I saw a cottage sort of house for 90,000 Gotchi Points.

Here is a list of the gotchi figures currently available:

Mametchi (included with lime green or black tamago)

Memetchi (included with sky blue or purple tamago)

Kutchipatchi (included with white or pink tamago)

Sebiritchi

Itchigotchi

Kuromametchi

Violetchi

Chamametchi

Ringotchi

Shimashimatchi

Makiko

Ponytchi
Awesome review!!

It's just a detail, but the figures included in the tama-go package are so-called lite figures, all featuring the same game whether it's Mametchi, Memetchi or Kutchipatchi.

The wave one lite figures unlock the game "cradles", and the wave two lite figures unlock the game "coin catch".

The lite figures are completely different from the "real" Mametchi, Memetchi, and Kutchipatchi figures figures, who has two games and a shop each.

Wonderful review Very helpful, Escepically, because I just got one & i'm still learning how to use it,

Thanks again! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back