Converting iD files to iD L format

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steenie

Reaction score
i'm using iDmakeDL and GIMP, but how do you save the files as a 4 bit bmp?

:huh:

Load the image into GIMP2 then click Image - Mode - Indexed. For Colormap, select "Generate optimum palette", set "Maximum number of colors" to 16, and then click Convert. (Note: if your image uses less than 3 colors, GIMP may save it as a 2-bit color image, which will not be suitable for use in a download file.)

To specify the transparent color, click Colors - Map - Rearrange Colormap. A row of boxes containing each color used in your image will appear. Drag the box containing your background color into the left-most position, and then click OK. You don't need to specify a transparent color if you're creating a wallpaper.

To save your changes, click File - Save As. Set the Name as you wish. Hit Enter or click Save. When the "Save as BMP" dialog appears, make sure the "Run-Length Encoded" box is empty, and then click Save.

ok got all that, thanks!

BUT, it wants to save it as an xcf file and when i export it and save as a bmp it still doesn't work o_o

What do you mean by "doesn't work"? If iDmakeDL displays an error message, please tell me what the message says. (Perhaps the image size is wrong; too wide, too tall, etc.)

ok i figured it out! i just had to save it from the actual iDmakeDL

i overlooked that aspect of it haha

yay!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back