Tamagotchi. Pet, toy or video game?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robodog

Reaction score
What is Tamagotchi to you? Is it a pet you can get attached to? Just a toy that's fun to play with? Or a video game you play to win (Like trying to get the best character or seeing how many generations you can get )?

To me Tamagotchis are pets. I love them and treat them well. They are not merely machines or toys. A Tamagotchi or any other electronic pet will get much better treatment than a computer or an action figure. Computers and Action figures are mere objects. Tamagotchis and other electronic pets are creatures deserving of special treatment. I don't like to see them destroyed or mistreated. It seems wrong to me somehow.

So that's my view. What's yours?

I think it depends on the tamagotchi:

Eric the random dinosaur VP => Im fairly attached to him

My v3, v4 => Just a toy thats fun to play with

Tamago n iDL => video game that you get attached to (a bit like animal crossing you wanna get the villagers photos and complete the collections but your sad when someone leaves)

a bit of each, they're my little friends :chohimetchi:

I get attached to them, I feel like I have a little pet in my pocket or by my side. It is more then just a regular toy...I like that I feel the same way about them as an adult as when I was little.

For an exmaple: Back in the 90's when some of mine broke I cried. Now years later a 25 year old girl cried when her Tama-go broke. XD

(And I am not afraid to admit that.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think of it as a regular toy too. Well, I collect them too, so I guess I consider them as collectible items as well.

To me... they are collectables and kind of a fun little video game almost~ They are just super cute, and I always get excited starting one up~ Once in a while, I'll get attached to a certain character, but then I have to say g'bye to keep the game going~ haha

Hm...they're not pets, toys, OR video games...they're friends! I don't like thinking of them as dependent, lowly creatures that can do nothing for themselves, or as just some random kid's toys, or as mindless video games. They're just my buddies that I love to spend time with. ^_^

I get attached to them, I feel like I have a little pet in my pocket or by my side. It is more then just a regular toy...I like that I feel the same way about them as an adult as when I was little.

For an exmaple: Back in the 90's when some of mine broke I cried. Now years later a 25 year old girl cried when her Tama-go broke. XD

(And I am not afraid to admit that.)
You shouldn't be. I feel the same way. Currently I don't have any Tamagotchis. They all went missing and I have no idea where they got off to. I miss them. Especially Grimlock, my reptile skin patterned Tama. I don't miss them in the way one misses a lost toy. I miss them the way one misses a lost pet.

Hm...they're not pets, toys, OR video games...they're friends! I don't like thinking of them as dependent, lowly creatures that can do nothing for themselves, or as just some random kid's toys, or as mindless video games. They're just my buddies that I love to spend time with. ^_^
I love this answer! I couldn't have said it better myself!

You shouldn't be. I feel the same way. Currently I don't have any Tamagotchis. They all went missing and I have no idea where they got off to. I miss them. Especially Grimlock, my reptile skin patterned Tama. I don't miss them in the way one misses a lost toy. I miss them the way one misses a lost pet.

I love this answer! I couldn't have said it better myself!
I said I wasn't afraid to admit it. XD And the loss is really different then other toys. I hated when I had nothing. I had nothing for a long time...it sucks. I hope you can get more some day. I am trying to rebuild my collection now...thanx to a friend of mine I would not have any. It is hard knowing there are some I will never ever have again because they are just so rare or hard to find and expensive. :(

Thank you. I hope to either find my Tamagotchis or be able to buy more someday. But in the meantime I have other electronic pets to keep me company. I have a few FurReal dogs and I just got one of the new Furbys a couple weeks ago. As long as I have them I'm okay. If I didn't have any electronic pets at all though I'd be pretty depressed. They're the only things that keep me going.

For me they are pets, but more anthromorphobic pets, or just friends. Alien friends, because that's actually what they are.

I would suggest a tamagotchi every depressed person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back