Virtual Pet growths methods?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velink

Reaction score
Hello guys and girls, :lol:

I have been playing tamagotchi since 90's and recently I tried playing some virtual pet again. This time I would like to try to get all the characters in my tamagotchi and other v-pets.

For that I would need your help to share your knowledge and maybe thoughts with me on different methods to get different characters in not only tamagotchi but all virtual pet that you know.

you don't have to be too specific on me.

The most popular method of getting a character seems to be the care mistake method, in which the care mistake level will determine which evolution you will get.

And for dinkies, to get certain characters you have to feed it certain foods.

for digimons' late revolution, it is determined by the winning ratio.

Those are what I know.... and I would like to know more, so if you please share with me?

:D I especially want to know some unique methods. :D

Depends on the version.

In some versions in depends on the care, in others care misses, others gut points... It really varies.

You may want to check out the Tamagotchi Tips & Tricks forum to find out about tips on how to get certain characters. HERE is an example. :)

On most of the versions, its pretty simple. You need to play games and check on it every few minuites (especially when its a baby) to obtain a good character. If you don't, it will evolve into a bad character. On the Music Star (V6), make sure its stress is low. ;)

Some of the digimon later releases of the pets have a thing that is called "jogress" (shortened from job progress) where by battling certain types of other digimon allow you to unlock different possible evolutions. Another thing that they have used in digimon pets is the use of "charge plates" that can give you "digisouls" which is an item that effects which type of evolution your digimon will become. Also on a version of digimon pet that is similar to the Tamagochu, you can connect your digimon and depending on what type you connect with you either get an item that unlocks a potential evolution or special egg to hatch.

I actually wonder about the "charge plate" idea that they used for the digimon - I wonder if bandai will be using that type of idea with the tamagotchi P? I know that you are supposed to have like pins that you attach to it for to unlock some tamagotchi on the device and get items, but I wonder if attaching some or using some items will actually unlock different effects for later generations or evolutions.

hmmm....

-Purn

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah I see!

Mostly I want to know some methods because there ar erumor that on the tamagotchis we know; ocean, forest, etc

there are still hidden character. (wishful thinking i know)

for example, it is said that there are 15 char total in morino Tamagotchi and the lack of character in Tamagotchi Ocean seems that it still has more hidden char to unlock.

This is also supported by add of tamagotchi ocean where there are 3 question marks after the third stage of evolution.

aside from those two, there are still many virtual pets with branched evolution right?

so thanks for sharing your knowledge guys!

Until this day, we havent mastered these growths to determine what character you get -

I, myself, believe that V1, V2, V3, V6, and Tama-Go are 4 of the hardest tamagotchi growths to master. Most of our growths state "good care" , "bad care" etc. But what exactly is good and bad care? Training points? Hunger? Weight?

(little mistake on your post tamatown123, Music Star doesnt depend all on stress i've obtained Gozarutchi and Kutchipatchi with the stress of 20)

- TamaTamatchi

Interesting!

I wonder if the rest of the tamagotchi and some other v-pets also has these kind of hidden parameters

and yeah, last time I played Tama-Go, I run 2 at once, and I get different char although their care are relatively the same....

(Thanks for pointing that out Tamatamatchi :) It's just because I got Mimitchi with low stress, but I made a mistake because this is not a 'getting perfect care' topic...XD)

@Velink - Two different characters can be obtained by the same amount of care. For example, if your Tamagotchi was a boy, and if you gave perfect care you would get Kuromametchi or Mametchi. If you gave good care you would get Kuchipatchi or Kikitchi..etc.

There's more information on this Growth Chart that Sakuranboy made for us: https://www.tamatalk....o-growth-chart/

How about other virtual pet?

what are their growth usually based on?

sorry I am over generalizing here...

I don't have one, but I heard that yuki penguin's growth is based on what he eats!

And some popular Alien pet's growth is based on some waves or other things from cellphones.

Ah! I know that one, I believe it is called WAVE UFO?

even so I still wonder if it evolves each time it receives the wave or the wave have to accumulate...

Latest posts

Back