What Tama should I get?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzie

Reaction score
I remember Tamagotchis from when I was little, I never had the money to get them myself though when people broke theirs I'd take them and get them working again, and thats how I got my Tamas!

Now that I am an adult and make money...I want to buy a tamagotchi! My boyfriend who never got a real tamagotchi and only ever had the gigapets and nano pets is wanting one too.

We were looking at the Tamagotchi ID L (Hong Kong Ver.) but they are very expensive.

Questions:

-What is the best gen right now for a reasonable price?

-Does Tama-Go require a figurine to be attached to play?

-Whats the difference between 'Tamagotchi Music Star' and 'Tamagotchi Connection'? (Tama Music star looks kinda gimmiky so am not sure about it)

I just want something we can put on a keychain and play right now that would be fun.

(Also if you know a place I can find the Tamagotchi ID L (HK ver) cheaper than what its going for on Ebay I'd like to see, or a good seller on ebay at least, I'd like to know.)

The TamaGo doesn't require a character figure. The character figures add to the built-in content (mini-games, travel destinations, etc.) but the TamaGo runs fine without one attached.

"Connection" is the series of Tamagotchis released outside of Japan since about 2004. The first of this series was simply the Connection, after that they started numbering them: Connection V2, Connection V3, etc. Mostly we refer to the first one now as the V1, and the others as V2, V3, etc. Some of the Connection models had names as well as numbers (in some countries / parts of the world.) The V4 was the JinSei in Europe. The V5 was the Familitchi. The V6 was the Music Star. The V7 is the TamaGo.

The V1, V2, V3, and TamaGo are fairly basic. The V4 theme was "skill points / school / job". The V5 / Familitchi was family. The V6 / Music Star was music / band.

Almost every version is available on ebay. You can even find the original 1997-era models (commonly called G1 / P1 or G2 / P2.)

Hmmm...Well, it depends on what kind of Tamagotchi you're after. V4.5 is widely considered the best English version, but I prefer the Tama-Go for some reason. Music Star is really high-maintenance, and V1 is really simple...it depends on how much free time you have to look after a Tamagotchi.

Decided agaisnt TamaGo mainly because it doesnt look like something I can put on a keychain....it looks more like a McDonalds toy honestly :|

Props. I recently tried out a Tamago and the sheer size of it was really unenjoyable. Some people adore it, though.

If you're looking at the ID L, they will be bigger than the Tamagotchis you remember and won't really be keychain material, but fit in your hand smoothly (unlike the Tamago, imo). They are bigger, and the size scared me away at first, but I actually prefer holding onto my ID L nowadays than my smaller Connection versions.

As for opinion on Connections- can't say too much since I haven't used them all! :p The big antennas with ugly roofs/stars force them to remain in my storage.

Props. I recently tried out a Tamago and the sheer size of it was really unenjoyable. Some people adore it, though.

If you're looking at the ID L, they will be bigger than the Tamagotchis you remember and won't really be keychain material, but fit in your hand smoothly (unlike the Tamago, imo). They are bigger, and the size scared me away at first, but I actually prefer holding onto my ID L nowadays than my smaller Connection versions.

As for opinion on Connections- can't say too much since I haven't used them all! :p The big antennas with ugly roofs/stars force them to remain in my storage.
Im in the middle of purchasing a ID L from a seller from the tBay thread :B though I think im going to also get one of the originals if I can find a cheap one like my old one I had when I was little. A black & orange one!

My main dislike of the tamago...is the HappyMeal style they're in....no likey!

I started with the Tamagotchi Connection version 3, and I loved it. Then I got the newer versions later on. I suggest V4, V3, V2 (it sounds awesome based on all the characters and items), or a vintage Tamagotchi (that's on my wish list as well). I was hesitant about the Tama-Go, but I love it now, because it can't actually DIE, so with my busy schedule, I can leave it at home all day, and when I get home it is either sick or evolved. But not dead. Yes, when I do this it turns into a bad care character, but hey, at least I can run them. I love my iD L, I've even done a couple downloads with it, which is really fun. The growth cycle of the iD L is really quick, so you can unlock new features quickly with the passing generations. But it's kind of high maintenance (at least compared to my Tama-Go xD).

The V5 is my least favorite because it's not so exciting and mine has a battery glitch, but they're easy to care for, and pretty cute.

Look through the features of each one, and decide your priorities for a great Tamagotchi: simple, complex, cool characters, low-maintenance, etc.

Happy collecting! :D

Yes, v5's do suck when it comes to gameplay, but it does have fun characters and items, and it's not very much less resistant to neglect than a Go. And v5,5 Celebrity is better in my opinion. But I would suggest to buy it only for collection purposes. They aren't wery expensive, though.

You really should check out this page here.

It gives you a really good idea about what most tamagotchi versions are about.

I haven't found one that I don't like so far, but then everybody's got different taste.

Another useful site is this one here.

The tamago may look silly, but don't judge it by the looks is my tip; The inside is cute and it's got a lot of cute features. :kuribotchi:

The scool tama is pretty big as well, but still very enjoyable and different from the rest.

Also, connections version 1 to 4.5 are nice.

The v5/familitchi is usually pretty glitchy, but it's got a lot of special features that make them special.

V6's buttons has a bad habit to be a tiny bit slow, but otherwise, the music stars are sweet as well.

Good luck! :hanatchi:

I ended up getting the ID L English and just purchased a dinkie dino and some other tams =) thanks for your feed back guys.

I'd like TamaMama to close this thread please n.n *reporting*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back