Removing broken screw

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mishi10345

Reaction score
So, I found a vintage Tama that I really want for a good price, but the problem is that one of the screw heads broke off and the rest of the screw is still stuck in the Tamagotchi. Is there any way of removing the back or the screw when it is in this condition? Thanks in advance. :)

The seller updated her listing with more pictures after I asked about the screw.

Picture 1

Picture 2

My only concern is getting the back off the Tamagotchi, because after I do that, wouldn't it be simple to get the screw out? But I'm just worried that with a screw that deeply embedded in the Tama, it would be difficult to get the back off.

Jewlers should be able to get the broken screw out and possibly give you a replacement for it
A lot of people recommend jewellers and watch repair places, but I'm a bit iffy about taking my Tamas to them, as they weren't able to fix the stripped screw on my Umino. I ended up sending my Tama to a Tama Zone user who was able to drill it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take it to a jeweler or watch maker, even a watch kiosk in the mall. Even a cellphone repair service can help you :)

@ciara683

I don't think a jeweler can help fix the screw... but I agree on the watchmaker...

the only danger of going to the watchmaker is that his tools can get REALLY hot (>100000 degrees F)... enough heat to turn 50 pounds of steel into butter(epic way to remove a screw).... having that type of heat next to both the plastic and the motherboard is risky unless he/she is professional

-my idea- (NOT RECOMENDED)

since I'm in engineering @ high school I know one way to fix striped screws is by getting a flat-tip nail, hammering it on top of the striped screw, making a | shaped hole, get a flat-head screw driver that matches the new hole, unscrew it, and now your done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If u got the screw out, your know down a screw and you must be like "dang"....

refer to this link if you need a replacement(must have unwanted tamagotchi connection v1-6.5)

https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/183076-tamagtchi-p1-p2-screw-replacment-answer/

(figured that out when mine came in, right screw was almost all worn out...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back