- - - - -

Halloween costumes

halloween costumes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:07 PM ( #18 )

Hallowe'en in the UK is not the big costume drama that is seen in the USA.

Fancy dress is for the most part focussed on the meaning of All Hallows Eve - the night before All Hallows Day when the spirits, supernatural and magical beings are able to cross into and visit the Human world. So, lots of spooky / scary costumes - Witches, cats, ghosts, werewolves, vampires, zombies, ghouls, mummies - you get the idea, but not big on anything like Hetalia / other Anime & Manga themes (unless it's something like a Ryuk, a shinigami - most people wouldn't get that reference if you knocked ontheir door for candy anyway).

I used to dress up as a witch to answer the door when my kids were younger. They're getting too old to go trick or treating now (it's mostly for primary school kids or those under 14yrs in my area), so they dress up and answer the door in costume for the little kids who are trick or treating.

We get a lot of kids coming to visit our streets. Most years we end up running out of sweets!
  • Famous Last Words.x likes this

Tamagotchi Foreva

• tamagotchi-foreva user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:31 PM ( #19 )

I have some clothes that sort all together would look like ceil and I have an eyepatch sooo..... idk, I am still undecieded and I may not even go

• fluffums user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:21 PM ( #20 )

I'm not sure if I'm going to go out yet but if I do I'll be a dog like almost every year haha. Just since it's easy to make.

XxX KennyLover XxX

• xxx-kennylover-xxx user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:02 AM ( #21 )

I wanted to dress up as a superhero or Alice In Wonderland but it was too expensive so I chose a zombie school-girl.
I'll be wearing-
- Pleated tartan skirt
- My old school tie (matches the skirt)
- Black suspender braces
- White short sleeved work shirt
- Black sweater vest
- Grey knee high socks
- Black high heels (3 inches but I'm not to sure)
I think that's it.

I tried to get most of the stuff from charity shops but I had to buy the shoes from The Factory Shop. I still have to put fake blood and mud on them but it's looking really good. I also had to do some tailoring so It'd fit me like the skirt was a size 10 and I had to make it 8 and I bought a mans work shirt and made it smaller and short sleeved. I already had the socks and tie.
Me and my friends are going to go to the beach then back to one of theirs and watch films then sleepover.

• tinkalila user photo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:40 PM ( #22 )

I'm being Fiona the Human from Adventure Time. c:
  • mew0099 and gutsyGumshoe like this