What Tama is best for a 5-year-old?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Mametchi Fan

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question but I'm thinking of sharing one of my Tamagotchis with my 5-year-old brother. He understands what the buttons do and sometimes even cleans up the messes for me, so I think he'll be interested in trying one with me to help him along, of course. So, I've got Nano, P2, Versions 2-6 except V4.5, and Tama-Go (no way am I letting him have my iD L). I'm trying to work out which will be the easiest as well as most interesting...any ideas?

Any version under the Version 5, and the TMGO. I think the V4 is a bit needy, so I will say V2 or TMGO. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
V2, V3, or Tama-go In my opinion. They aren't as needy as the V4 or V4.5 and have less complicated features than the V5-V6

v5's and TMGO's aren't all that needy and have not too many features.

I would say a Tama-go just because it's a bit easier for little kids to hit the big buttons :) they're still developing all those excellent motor skills and little buttons might be really frustrating for them. Plus a Tama-go is cheap so you won't be regretting making the purchase if he/she accidentally breaks it (5 year olds aren't the most graceful things on the planet). Make sure you take time to explain to him/her how it works but don't create expectations. IE don't get upset if he/she doesn't care for it, forgets it, and/or just doesn't seem interested in it all the time. Kids are all over the place and their attention span may not be equal to you who can sit and give a tamagotchi the care needed. Honestly, when Tamagotchis first came out they were advertised towards 7+ for a reason.

Also agree with WhiteClaw, the bigger the better for a small kid. I don't own a Tama-go so don't know if it's a simple one.

P2 would be easy to take care but that's way too small for a 5y old.

I was going to suggest the V2 as the easiest / low maintenance pet to care for, but I don't have a Tama-Go and I think the others have made some really practical points.

I'd agree with the others who suggested the Tama-Go:

Large enough to handle for a 5yr old.

Easy to replace / buy another if broken as they are still being sold in many shops.

I think Tama-Go is best. When my brother was younger he loved the TMGO, because it was so simple. Sorry about the short post, but I'm using paid internet.

Not only is it big/easy/everything already stated, but it's CHEAP and easy to find. Cheap is pretty important though.. in case something were to happen to it.

That'd be the deal breaker for me.

I say V1, V2, or Tama Go. The V1 and V2 are pretty simple, in my opinion, and there's lots of cute animations and things like that that he might enjoy. I think he could handle one of those as long as he isn't one of those "let's throw this across the room and stomp on it" type of person.

If not, I suggest the Tama Go, like the others said. It's big, so that it won't slip out of his hands that easily (I hope) and it's simple. I think it's complex enough that he will enjoy it, but not so simple it gets boring.

Thanks for the input, everyone! :D I've decided the Tama-Go would be the best for him (and anyway, I've got 4 of them). I'll teach him how to play the games and stuff, and see how it works out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back