Batteries - What is the best choice?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

othercents

Reaction score
So the three most common batteries for the Tamagotchis are AAA, SR44, and CR2032. I have also found the SR44 works in the Yuki Pengin which also probably covers most older virtual pets.

Here is a link to battery sizes: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes

Has anyone seen any difference between purchasing the Chinese knockoff batteries from eBay vs buying a name brand like duracell or energizer? Is the difference enough to justify the increased price or is 50 knockoffs at $3 just as good as 10 name brands at $3?

Other

Supposedly, there is a difference in longevity of the batteries and you run the risk of having more duds since Chinese regulations are much more different/lax. I've never personally noticed a difference but I only by them in 25 sets or less. I'm still working on my 25 pack of CR2032s with plenty still left.

The knock-off batteries are a lot cheaper and, based on my experiences, last just as long as expensive ones. Every now and then you get a battery that don't last long at all, but it's still worth it buying the cheaper ones.

For 3$ I would definitely go for the brand batteries. That's still quite cheap for 10 of those!

They cost about 15$ for 4 where I live.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would also choose the branded ones, they last longer - my Duracell batteries last as long as 4 - 6 months. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an idea...get both packages! Try the knockoff batteries first. If they don't work well, it's no loss; you can use the nicely-priced name brand ones instead. If they both work as well as one another...you'll have 60 batteries for $6, and that's probably THE best deal I've heard of. Then after you use them up (i know it'll take awhile but plan ahead righht?) you can buy whatever worked better. :lol:

I have an idea...get both packages!
I did purchase both prior to posting. I was just trying to get a sense of what the community felt especially since one brand of knockoff isn't the same as another. I also wanted to have a post like this for other people to understand the differences. No use everyone doing their own research when we have a community of information.

At this point I haven't used one of the knockoffs since I had already started my V5 with an Energizer I purchased from the store. This is probably the same battery I will move to my V4.5 when it comes in. By the time I get to the knockoffs they might all be dead.

Latest posts

Back