Tamagotchi Cradle Making

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kait

Reaction score
So! I'm really interested in making some of my Tamagotchis a cradle. Mostly for work.. so I can prop them up on my desk and avoid having to look down (mainly my Ocean) every minute.

IF YOU HAVE PREVIOUSLY MADE A CRADLE,

I'm interested in what materials you used and how well they turned out.

I'm unsure on materials, but there's a craft store nearby, so I'd love to try making one of my own :)

Thanks!

For most handmade Tamagotchi accessories, I use felt and sew it using that type of sewing called the buttonhole stitching where you turn it insideout or something. I don't suggest using the thin fabric stuff, though, because the threads end up coming off and the thing you're making falls into pieces. That happened with a cover I made for my V3.

I'm not an expert at making cradles, but I put thick sticks for the bottom of my cradle. Since I have this really cool glue which is very good at sticking things together, I just stick the sticks to the felt. I sew it up a little to make sure they are in place. I can't post a picture because it fell and broke. :(

I think the best way is with polymer clay (it's clay that needs baking to harden and comes in different colors). All you have to do is roll it into a ball and then smoosh the tama into the center so that when you're done the tama will be a perfect fit. Then decorate (if you want to, you can stick jewels or squiggly lines/polkadots on with different colored clay) and bake it.

Or you can sew/knit/crochet a little bean bag

If that's too much work then find a hackey sack and empty out half the beans inside

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's a nice guide. I'm surprised I didn't see it before! Beanbag idea is cute, too, haha.

Thanks, guys! :D

I now feel prepared enough to make myself some :3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back