Hurricane Sandy

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkalila

Reaction score
So, what do you think about all this Hurricane Sandy stuff? I think it's just a big overreaction. Here in New York, they're calling it "Frankenstorm". xD I just hope it doesn't interrupt Halloween.

We don't have hurricanes here (instead lots of snow...) but I wish you best luck people who will have to deal with this.

im in central jersey, and i hope it doesnt hit us. but really? a huge storm making a ridiculously sharp turn straight towards land? im kinda skeptical about that. :I

It might be wise for you guys using your phones for internet chatting... Limit it or stop until the storm passes. It could be a very important link to knowing what is going on. When and if the power goes out. If you have important electronics/papers/items put them in plastic bags (sandwich bags for example)

I worry for you guys...

It never hurts to be cautious. I'd like to see people call it an overreaction when it kills half the people on TamaTalk. :(

Emf, I agree.

I hope everybody living in the specif region is good prepared. Good luck. :/

It's not a big overreaction in MY area. I'm near Philidelphia and my area is gonna be hit HARD. Stronger than Irene, which really destroyed our land and brought down 150 foot tall trees around my house....not only that but we live on a giant hill, so last time Irene came around we basically had a 6 foot deep moat around us.

It depends where you live, but it will be an extremely dangerous storm.

Irene came. My dad went into the wind and rain to cover our pool.

I was literally blown away by the wind. I weighed 115 pounds, I was 5'7'', and I had to hold onto the door knob while my legs and body were lifted up and I screamed for someone to open the door for me.

Power was out for 2 weeks.

Water ran out quickly

REALLY bad turnout, to say the least.

So, it's happening right now, actually. I get today and tomorrow off from school because of it. Not to much damage - yet. Only 1 tree got knocked over in my area. It's definitely worse than Irene, but not too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you seen what's happening in New York?! Buildings falling down, floods, people getting evacuated...it's more than a little rain storm. o_O

It seems pretty serious, my relatives who live on the east coast just got their power back, but let's face it: I just can't take this storm seriously with the name it has.

Hope you're ok now. I heard it was bad. It is worse than Irene, but hopefully not as bad as Katrina. All I have where I live are earthquakes.

Have you seen what's happening in New York?! Buildings falling down, floods, people getting evacuated...it's more than a little rain storm. o_O
Uh actually, I'm in New York. It's really not that bad. In New Jersey it's way worse.

My heart goes out to all the east coasters - however, being born and currently living in the capital city of NZ [Wellington] which is known for its wild weather, it actually isn't that bad. It's a bad storm yes, but not as horrible as people make it out to be.

The only places where it isn't exaggerated are NY and New Jersey???

But on the news one night were some Wellingtonians living on the east coast and they were saying how it compared to a 'typically bad day in Wellington'

Irritates me all the rich people on twitter crying over their beach houses when people have died and completely lost their ONLY homes and all their things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back