tamagotchi id l protectiona

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tamafan325

Reaction score
Hey guys :) , I have a question

I want to take my tamagotchi ID L everywhere, but an ID L is very delicate, you get scratches super easily, I'm going to put a screen protector on it, but i don't think that's enough, maybe 2 screen protectors?and what about the see-through faceplate? How can i protect that? Because I want to take it everywhere with me and i'm worried the screen, or the faceplate, or both will get cracks, and I mean real cracks, not scratches, but cracks, please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can read this thread about it.

NOTE: It's a pretty old topic, so do not post a response on that thread, just read it for your reference.
sorry but it didn't help, i need a soft pouch for it, not a hard one, and also no zipper, it could damage my tama to, because a zippe is hard, any idea what i can use, also i want to put a soft cover around it, no hard one, a soft one, please help, also the soft pouch for it need to fit it very good, because I don't want it to bump around in it, if a soft pouch isn't really helpfull, then i'll choose a hard one, but then i need a really good cover around it(with cover i mean the whole tamagotchi ID L, not oly the screen), any suggestions?

i use this to carry my iD L around : D

3577982369_d0c5928fef_z.jpg

steenie, those are adorable!I don't think they sell it in my country :( , but they need to be strong too, i don't know what i should do :p

If you know anybody who can knit or crochet, you could ask them nicely if they'll whip up a little something for your iD L. One screen protecter will be enough; I have one on my 15th Anniversary iD L and I haven't gotten any scratches on the screen since.

It's actually very easy to learn how to crochet, and you could be able to crochet a cover for yourself. The only problem is that the available pattern on the Internet by Calyssa of Gotchiworld is password protected, but I think you can buy the password from her through PayPal. Try looking on Etsy as well for a pouch that might fit, as well as eBay.

Don't bother trying to protect the faceplate. You are almost 100% guaranteed to have at least a tiny bit of damage on it, so don't worry about it too much. It's what's on the inside that counts, right?

(Also, don't worry about cracking the screen and faceplate. You won't.)

What I did to make a pouch was buy some brightly-colored plush fabric and batting, plus a bit of cord and a cord lock, and sewed a 2-layer (with batting in between) small draw string bag. I tied it off with the cord and put on a cord lock. My iD L could probably get slept on by my cat and it would be perfectly unharmed. Not trying to promote anything, but I posted some pictures of it on my blog.

No, I can't crochet, don't know what you use for it too :p , hmmm what do I do now? Also, I don't know someone who can crochet, and by the way, if I could crochet, I would make the cover too big or too small, because I wouldn't know how to make it the perfect size :p

If you know anybody who can knit or crochet, you could ask them nicely if they'll whip up a little something for your iD L. One screen protecter will be enough; I have one on my 15th Anniversary iD L and I haven't gotten any scratches on the screen since.

It's actually very easy to learn how to crochet, and you could be able to crochet a cover for yourself. The only problem is that the available pattern on the Internet by Calyssa of Gotchiworld is password protected, but I think you can buy the password from her through PayPal. Try looking on Etsy as well for a pouch that might fit, as well as eBay.

Don't bother trying to protect the faceplate. You are almost 100% guaranteed to have at least a tiny bit of damage on it, so don't worry about it too much. It's what's on the inside that counts, right?

(Also, don't worry about cracking the screen and faceplate. You won't.)
I have the pattern from a long time ago c: I'd be happy to share through PM, though.

What I did, I know I'm a guy, for my vintage Tama:

I found some stretchy material in my sisters room. I sewed it to a little bag and I usef a piece of whool I to pull the bagopening closed. It wasn't that hard to make.

Edit:perhaps a baby sock would work as well?

What I did, I know I'm a guy, for my vintage Tama:

I found some stretchy material in my sisters room. I sewed it to a little bag and I usef a piece of whool I to pull the bagopening closed. It wasn't that hard to make.

Edit:perhaps a baby sock would work as well?
I don't think we have baby socks here, and it would look weird :p

I don't really put mine in anything. I kind of just keep it in my hand, or on a string around my neck sometimes. If you're really worried, then just put a coat of clear nail polish over the silver-colored ring, that's the only part that seems to get damaged with me.

Too bad i can't crochet :(
For the cover (if you do choose to get the pattern from Orandatchi), you only need to know 1) the magic ring, 2) single crochet, and 3) the invisible decrease. It's really easy and with practice, you should be able to pick it up soon enough. THIS collection of videos should help you (if you decide you want to learn). With crocheting, you use a crochet hook and yarn. (For a cover that fits properly, I recommend a 2.75 mm hook and lace or fingering weight yarn)

I could crochet a pouch and send it to you otherwise; I've crocheted pouches for all of my tamas so far :D

I'd just need to know what size an ID l is? I've actually never seen one in real life, so I'd need to know. :mellow:

I use very soft yarn in acrylic when I crochet, and the pouches are very protective. I have a collection of yarn in almost all colours, so you could pick two colours of your choice :lol:

I could crochet a pouch and send it to you otherwise; I've crocheted pouches for all of my tamas so far :D

I'd just need to know what size an ID l is? I've actually never seen one in real life, so I'd need to know. :mellow:

I use very soft yarn in acrylic when I crochet, and the pouches are very protective. I have a collection of yarn in almost all colours, so you could pick two colours of your choice :lol:
aahw that's so sweet of you :) , but I don't think mom's gonna agree :(

Latest posts

Back