Posted 29 October 2012 - 03:28 PM
1. put a coat of clear nailpolish or glaze for polymer clay over your shell to protect it! a good glaze brand is sculpey gloss or satin glaze for polymer clay.
2. cut a phone screen protector like ghost armor(or a cheaper knockoff) to fit your screen, and stick that on. works for the infra-red too.
3. make a felt pouch for your tama! just sew or glue felt into a good size pouch for your tama. or get a "gotchi gear" pouch.
4. dont keep him in with keys of other sharp objects. instead, keep him on a lanyard around your neck.
5. ALWAYS keep an eye on your tam. he could get lost or fall out of your bag or lanyard!
hope i helped, bye!
Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:00 PM
putting it in a clear plastic bag helps as well as it is protected from the oils of your skin which leads to design fading.
Best advice I can give is get a case for it and use a screen protector.
cases can be made form numerous things. go get a sock. or a small makeup pouch, keep it in their when not in use.
Posted 11 November 2012 - 04:01 AM
Posted 11 November 2012 - 09:22 AM
I got a green price of cloth, cut out two peices, sewed them together and put a button to open and close it
Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:53 PM
If you're super lazy, you can staple one side shut.. or just sew it, haha. $1 pouch in 10 minutes. Whoop.
Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:29 AM
Some kinds of yarns will give tiny scratches to the tamas!
I've just decided to fodder(is it the right word? used google translate ) the pouches with soft fabric, to avoid further scratching.