V4 with V4.5 games

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I got my brand-new, new in package V4 in the mail today. It's in great condition, and although the tab didn't work at first when I pulled it, it turned out the battery had got jiggled about during transport so I just replaced it. When I started it, everything went as normal on a V4. It hatched into a baby boy. And no, this is not a Tama log in the wrong place, because here's the weird bit - when I selected Games, Climb was the available option! I know that Climb is a V4.5 game and if it were a V4 it should say Jumping Rope. Here's a photo of Climb on what is clearly a V4:

SDC11486.JPG

I think this might be because it is a foriegn V4 - I got it from Taiwan. But will the other things on it be V4.5 style, like which teachers give which skill points and such? It features V4.5 skill points as well as the game.

Are the skill points the same as the V4.5? Or same as V4? Some tamagotchis may have a V4 housing, but the circuit board is recognized as the V4.5. If the skill points are the same as the V4, and same character, may be something I've never discovered. May I ask, who did you purchase this from?

- TamaTamatchi

Skill points - V4.5

Game - V4.5

Character - V4.5

Seller - not sure, someone in Taiwan on eBay with at least 98% positive feedback. I'm pretty sure it's not a fake because it's exactly the same as my other V4.5 and it says BanDai 2004 on the back.

Shell design - V4. It has the spherical antenna, whereas the V4.5 has a star antenna.

Last edited by a moderator:
i saw these on taobao, they're super cute but i'm glad i didn't get one because i want a real v4 not a v4 with 4.5 guts -_-

Can you show us a photo of the packaging?

In some regions (such as Europe), the V4 was called the Connexion version 4 JinSei, and the V4.5 was called the Connexion version 4 JinSei Plus. Some of JinSei Plus shell patterns had a circular antenna attachment (vs. the star-shaped one.)

Binary is right.

I live in Sweden, and when the v4,5 version was released, some of the toys didn't have the traditional v4,5's star antennae, but a ball antennae similair to that of a v4.

It's as difficult to separate the ball-antenna-v4,5 from the v4, as it is to separate v1's and v2's.

Therefore, I don't think you should blame the poor seller, but give a good rate and be happy for a perfectly working v4,5. :D

Actually, the v4,5's are generally more expensive than the v4's, and if you don't want it, but want a real v4, you might as well sell it to me ^_^ I'm looking for a v4,5 right now, in fact :lol:

UPDATE:

Is THIS the item you bought?

The same seller sells a number of different-designed but similar-looking "v4"s...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Do you think they're all v4,5's or just the one you bought?

Can you show us a photo of the packaging?

In some regions (such as Europe), the V4 was called the Connexion version 4 JinSei, and the V4.5 was called the Connexion version 4 JinSei Plus. Some of JinSei Plus shell patterns had a circular antenna attachment (vs. the star-shaped one.)
You can find a photo of the packaging in the third post of my log, "Hi I Like Tamas", in the Tamagotchi Logs section.

Binary is right.

I live in Sweden, and when the v4,5 version was released, some of the toys didn't have the traditional v4,5's star antennae, but a ball antennae similair to that of a v4.

It's as difficult to separate the ball-antenna-v4,5 from the v4, as it is to separate v1's and v2's.

Therefore, I don't think you should blame the poor seller, but give a good rate and be happy for a perfectly working v4,5. :D

Actually, the v4,5's are generally more expensive than the v4's, and if you don't want it, but want a real v4, you might as well sell it to me ^_^ I'm looking for a v4,5 right now, in fact :lol:
Thanks for the explanation of why it looks like a V4! :) Unfortunately I can't sell it to you, but I'm really happy with it anyway. I've always wanted one of these weird, not exactly glitchy but foreign and different, Tamas. And combining a V4 design with V4.5 gameplay is the best Tamagotchi idea ever!

UPDATE:

Is THIS the item you bought?

The same seller sells a number of different-designed but similar-looking "v4"s...

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Link 4

Do you think they're all v4,5's or just the one you bought?

Yes, that's the one I got. You can find detailed photos of the packaging and lanyard in my log. I'm not sure if they're all V4.5s, but mine definitely is.

Thanks for so many replies! Binary, you can find a picture of the packaging in my new log in the Tamagotchi Logs section. And everyone else, thanks for the helpful replies. I'm actually very happy to have a V4 design with V4.5 gameplay because I prefer the V4.5 gameplay to the V4 and prefer the V4 designs to the V4.5 ones. So I got the best of both versions! :D
Hey, that's just awesome!! :D

I'm really glad for you, and I'm considering buying one for myself... :rolleyes: :lol:

That exact same shell design was my very first Tama, and it was in every way a V4...NOT a V4.5. It's strange how yours is a V4.5 but the one I had that looked the same was normal... :/ I guess they used a V4 design for a V4.5?

Same situation happened here.I bought the same thing from this seller and it turned out to be a tamagotchi with v4 shell but v4.5 gameplay.Anyway,I am glad that I own something special!haha:-D

I see this particular tama a lot lately. Two or three members on TT have it now and it's around on allegro as well (everybody thinks it's an entama, hah.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back