Photo
- - - - -

How do you get your parents to purchase tamagotchis?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dizzie

• dizzie user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:25 PM ( #18 )

If you are iffy about getting a real job you can start a dog walking business, just post up flyers that you'll walk dogs for 1-2 hours a day for around 8 dollars each. Dogs must be okay with strangers and other dogs possibly, dogs that need to be walked alone will cost 10 dollars an 1-2 hours.

Though a real job is ideal, you can tell employers you are looking to only work about 2 days a week with 8 hour shifts. Many places want part time workers so you might find a job rather easy, and if you ever decide you want more hours just tell your employer you'd like more hours.

Really you shouldnt expect your parents to buy your toys anymore now that you are 19, you need to start looking to be self sufficient and a part time job is a step in the right direction, so when time comes when your parents want to give you the boot you'll be prepared. And trust me they will want to give you the boot, they've been waiting 19 years to get some mom and dad time.

--
edit:

also to fix the chain, get some plyers and bend off the chain links and remove it, then go to the hobby store and see how much the keychain pieces are there, you might even find some stuff you'd rather put on it instead that is much cheaper than buying an entirely new tamagotchi.

Edited by Dizzie, 02 November 2012 - 04:29 PM.

• TamaTamatchi likes this

ladynat

• ladynat user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:57 PM ( #19 )

Even working just 10hrs a week will make a difference. If you look really really hard I'm positive you will find something. Since the holidays are almost here, stores are hiring! It may just be seasonal work but that'll give you something great to put on your resume for future jobs.

I'm also 19 and earning money even if it's minimum wage really adds up.