how do i get the original design off tama?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliciavz88

Reaction score
i have a musicstar, and i love the color of the shell but hate the design thats on it. is there somethig that would take the paint off buy not ruin the tama?

number 1 warning : DON'T use nail polish remover. you could use a very low grain nail file. but that will take the shiny finish off and you will get more of a "matte" color.

If you have an old v1 or v2 you can take the "guts" out of your music star and put it in one of those, well any version from v1-v5, as long as you know what you're doing :)

ok so basically theres no good way to just take the design/paint off? well im glad i found out b4 I tried n e thing...lol thanks.

*woops*double post removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nail file is enough, but yeah it won't shine that much. You would have to polish it somehow or use clear nail polish all over the shell.

Paint comes of my tamas just be wear and tear...Sometimes I can get the design off by rubbing my finger on it, but that probably won't work in your case.

Well..pretty hard. Maybe you can just paint acrylic paint over it and do your own design?

@ciara683 -

I actually have used alcohol to remove the paint off of the tamagotchi. Nail polish remover contains alcohol, so I don't think there isn't a worry about using nail polish, I have used alcohol and this is how it looked on my V4 -

f5be5b42b607d5e3598cc3b56b097457.jpg

Also, spudilike (retired staff on tama - zone) uses toothpolish to remove the design. Now note - toothpolish is not the same as toothpaste, the toothpaste will not remove the paint and it will actually remove the shine out of the tamagotchi and get toothpaste stuck in your toothpaste.

- TamaTamatchi

Nail polish remover is NOT recommended because it eats the plastic. Unless you use acetone free...

ooh i have some hope now.. ima see what polish remover i have. if i try it ill post a before and after pic.

Rubbing alcohol! I don't actually have any around the house, so I instead use hand sanitizer (mine has 62% rubbing alcohol). 100% rubbing alcohol will be the best bet, but yeah, hand sanitizer works too, just not as strong.

I dab a tiny drop on a qtip and rub away. What I like is that it will evaporate pretty quickly so you don't have to worry about having some leak down inside through a crack... unless you like load it on, lol.

I haven't actually removed any designs using it, but I had a very old Tama (my first one I owned), and it was a bit grungy from heavy wear, and used it to clean the Tama's shell.. then I accidently took off a bit of the design :( Luckily it was already half rubbed off, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back