Jump to content


Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Odd battery smell coming from Music Star


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked

AggyK2

  • aggyk2 user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48 posts
  • Joined: 24-July 09

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:58 PM ( #21 )

The problem might be that the pressure on the battery is too high?
The slightly bent-up metal thingy that the battery pushes down when inserted might be bent up too high maybe? Try pushing it down a tiny bit. ;)
I've actually had similar problems with several tamas when I was younger, and left them with the battery inside for a longer time; no leaking, just a funny smell.
I think that it has been the pressure though... :lol:


Hehe, might be that. The bent-ish contact is a bit too high. I'll try to find a way to push them down. ^_^

EDIT: Oh, wait. I can't push it down. It's bent down enough. (Or is it? I don't know.)

EDIT2: I was gonna test it out with a new Hongwei battery. But as I held it, it smelled as if it were on fire. It had a
small red thing, and it almost got on fire! It almost burnt my hand, so I had to throw it to the floor, so it would stop. Mom said she'll look for brand batteries for me.

Edited by AggyK2, 12 November 2012 - 09:45 PM.


Jokus

  • jokus user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 566 posts
  • Joined: 06-September 12

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:52 AM ( #22 )

EDIT2: I was gonna test it out with a new Hongwei battery. But as I held it, it smelled as if it were on fire. It had a
small red thing, and it almost got on fire! It almost burnt my hand, so I had to throw it to the floor, so it would stop. Mom said she'll look for brand batteries for me.


Whoah, creepy :o
Was it the battery or the tamagotchi that almost caught fire? Sorry, I didn't quite understand that part... :mellow:

tamagotchialice

  • tamagotchialice user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 517 posts
  • Joined: 23-January 12

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:19 PM ( #23 )

Okay, um, I dont really know what to do if it smelled like fire and almost literally caught fire. If thatr happened to mine, I would....hm...lemme think here.....after I had thrown it to the ground, I would of left it there a while longer like my flashlight(same thing happened a LONG time ago, had to throw it away...but thats cuz batteries exploded) I would of then, when it cooled off, I would of put it in a safe place and wouldnt do anything to it until the next day....hope I helped :mellow:

AggyK2

  • aggyk2 user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48 posts
  • Joined: 24-July 09

Posted 14 November 2012 - 09:41 AM ( #24 )

It had a small red light-ish dot. And it smelled as something that was burning. That's all I can remember :o
I forgot to add that the battery did that. (Erm... Cheap batteries? :rolleyes: )

Midorime

  • midorime user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 1,318 posts
  • Joined: 14-November 12

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:03 PM ( #25 )

It sounds like either the batteries were not constructed right or the unit has a short in it. If it's the latter it's possible it could be causing the batteries to get overheated. What that means is, the unit could have something funky going on with it, which could drain the batteries faster than what it's supposed to, and that quick drain can cause them to run hot. Same thing happens when you charge batteries. If they're of poor construction, this can be potentially dangerous.

Or, if not a short, again, poor battery construction, being drained too quickly by the vpet, ergo overheating. The smell is outgassing of the chemicals inside.

Jokus

  • jokus user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 566 posts
  • Joined: 06-September 12

Posted 15 November 2012 - 05:26 AM ( #26 )

It does seem rather strange though, that there would be something wrong with several batteries in a row...
But hey, even if the problem is in your tama, don't throw it away whatever you do! :wacko:
Get some proffessional at an electronic shop to take a look at it maybe? ^_^

AggyK2

  • aggyk2 user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 48 posts
  • Joined: 24-July 09

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:45 AM ( #27 )

It does seem rather strange though, that there would be something wrong with several batteries in a row...
But hey, even if the problem is in your tama, don't throw it away whatever you do! :wacko:
Get some proffessional at an electronic shop to take a look at it maybe? ^_^


Yeah, that's really odd... But the smell is gone now. I hope it doesn't happen again! ^_^

Jokus

  • jokus user photo
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 566 posts
  • Joined: 06-September 12

Posted 15 November 2012 - 01:46 PM ( #28 )

I hope so too!
Good luck!