Fake Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mickymartyrdom

Reaction score
Hi ^^ i'm kind of interested in getting a cheap fake tamagotchi. Why? i dunno. i just want one. some of them are cute.

:3 like the one in the picture. if you know where i can get one, please tell me n.n

also what are jd tamagotchis and where can i get one?

0.jpg

JDs are pretty much all "avoid them" pets, they might have some interesting quirks but most people who've obtained one complain of the cheap quality and how glitchy/buggy it is. Many of them can't even run them that long or at all because of issues with being unable to set the clock appropriately or having issues with upkeep. Pooping all the time, getting sick constantly, or not seeming to be able to satisfy the pets needs due to lack of proper or even incorrect instructions.

If the fact that how crappy they are doesn't deter you, many people argue that you are supporting a company that is trying to rip off and profit from another companies sucess. It's not just a "different" v-pet, it's a blantant rip-off. I'm not the moral police in any sense but be forwarned that you might get an unsavory reaction from others for supporting a company that is stealing ideas.

Anyway, avoid the JDs, they're not worth the frustration. I believe the one in the picture you posted is a JD that advertises itself as a "touch screen" tamagotchi and looks similar to the "Kakeibo" tamagotchi which is a japanese exclusive tamagotchi- if you're looking for an equivalient. (This is a website that sells the knock off: https://www.made-in-china.com/showroom/jidan-toy/product-detailFbyQusmYaJcn/China-Tamagotchi-Connection-V5-Touch-Screen-Chimney-JD-811-.html )

If you REALLY want to buy it, you can find it on eBay. Just search "Tamagotchi" and scroll a few pages. But be forewarned that they are considered treasonous by most Tamagotchi fans. They don't work well, and are just made to sell as quickly as possible. I strongly discourage buying it, but if you have your heart set on it for some strange reason, or are wondering just how bad the fakes are, go ahead.

Apparently the screen resolution on these is completely awful, and they are not cute. Better off getting a fun real Tamagotchi used for cheap, and not wasting your money.

But please take a moment to appreciate the ingeniously similar-to-Tamagotchi packaging. They're made so people who don't totally remember the name or the company will confuse the similar styles of packaging and logos. (Or if they can't read, or are getting a gift for their relatives who asked for a Tamagotchi, etc....) Even the JD logo: it has the red square and white lettering just like Bandai. Even the name "JiDan," which is what JD stands for, really reminds me of "BanDai." The two names just have a similar ring.

I'm consedering buying one for spare parts if it's really cheap, but I can't see the price anywhere at all...? :huh:

I also have two 'fake' ones and at first nothing was wrong with it. But it always dies after just seven days and it get's sick way too easy and you can't leave it alone for half an hour. Also it started resetting itself randomly for no reason and the batteries didn't make enough contact so I had to put some papier between it for it to really fit.

It can be fun but I think it's kinda a waste of money since it's gonna crash really soon.. better to save up a little more money for a original one ^^ That's what I did too. I felt really guilty for my boyfriend buying me a fake one that crashed after one week.

^ I got one to try out since it was pretty cheap. It's like a multipet, and I chose a bat-like character when I started it. When it hatched, I had a duck on the screen, swimming around. I could feed it, and that was about it. There was the option to scroll through the menu items, but none of them did anything. I'm ashamed to keep it in my Tamagotchi box, tbh. Not worth it.

I had that touch screen type. I bought two of them (it's actually 2 in a package, so I don't have a choice). It also had an infra for sending gifts/friendship/marrying/playing. At first I thought it was really cool, coz it comes with a stylus and it comes with a flip cover, so it looked entirely like an egg. I still have one, the other was broken after like a month. The screen wasn't responding, and it had no buttons in it except the reset button, so it's completely useless. In my country, it costs like 5$ each, and if you get the one like in the picture, its just about 2-3$.

^ I got one to try out since it was pretty cheap. It's like a multipet, and I chose a bat-like character when I started it. When it hatched, I had a duck on the screen, swimming around. I could feed it, and that was about it. There was the option to scroll through the menu items, but none of them did anything. I'm ashamed to keep it in my Tamagotchi box, tbh. Not worth it.
i got it when they were advertising it as an actual japanese v1.....

Most of the knock-off Tamagotchis malfunction the moment they get started. You've been warned. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back