I'm going to buy a Music Star and a tama-go soon... What should I know?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles11

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure where to post this :p I'm not new to tamagotchi, I've had them for several years. But the latest tamagotchi I have is a v5 familitchi. Soon I plan to buy a music star and a tama-go to catch up with the times :) is there anything I should know about them? Are they so terribly different than the older ones? Are they difficult to keep track of? I'm in college, and I don't have a whole lot of time to take care of them during the day. Can they be paused? Is it necessary to buy the extra figurines for the tama-go? Can they connect with any other versions besides their own? Any feedback or info would be appreciated! Thanks :)

Well, since I only own a Tama-Go and not a Musicstar I cannot answer for both. Less than 10 days ago I bought the tama-go, but Iv'e been familiar with the P2.

Is there anything I should know about them?

-Well, the Tama-Go screen is quite big(roughly 60x40 pixels) and has a 4-level grayscale screen, which means backgrounds are possible. Oh yeah, Tamatown is down. This means you cannot connect. It's not a drama imo for the Tama-Go, because the only thing you could do is transfer points.

Are they so terribly different than the older ones?

-Well, compared to a vintage one, yes. It has a shop where you can buy food and background. The food restocks with new items about 3 times a day and if you earned enough gotchi-points with playing games sometimes a new background can show up. They include 2(3 with the including figure) games which are a lot more advanced than a simple guessing game as the P1/P2 had. You can also visit the park and marry eventually when you're minimal 6 gotchi-years old.

Are they difficult to keep track of?

-Not really, much the same as the vintages imo. They can beep once in a while when they want attention.

Can they be paused?

-Yes, pressing A and B simultaneously causes it to pause.

Is it necessary to buy the extra figurines for the tama-go?

-Well I guess it would be extra fun, ofcourse. But it is not really that necessary to run properly or so. So far, I haven't bough any figures yet, and I'm still pleased with my tama.

Can they connect with any other versions besides their own?

-Yes, I believe so. In the connect icon, I can choose Tama-Go and other. I'm not sure however with which other versions.

Hope I could help.

Well, comparing to p2 TMGO without any figures is okay. But if you like connections more than vintages, it might seem dull without them.

Music star is quite complex, but yes, you can pause it. And it can connect to another version of itself AND v5/v5.5.

Thank you! I am going to buy them next week when I get paid and I think I can get them pretty cheaply via amazon. Are they more difficult to take care of than, say, the v1 through v5 tamagotchis? Those are the ones I have grown up with and have taken care of. Is there a place I can look to see what exactly each one does, like their features and reviews or whatnot? I really don't know much about them. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
This might give you an idea for the Music Star (V6):

//www.tamatalk.com/IB/applications/core/interface/js/spacer.png

I watched this video myself before I bought mine. It's very informative.

Thanks so much for the video and the link, you guys! I know more about them now, thank you!! After I get these, I think I'll start looking for some vintage tamagotchis :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back