Removing a jammed screw?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dizzie

Reaction score
So I bought a lot of 7 tamas and am cleaning them up. One of them has a jammed screw I cant seem to get out and I see it is starting to strip which worries me. I dont care if the screw is ruined but I want to be able to get it out. I have replacement parts for it, extra screws and a new screen.

Any advice?

We've certainly had a run of topics requesting help with stripped or jammed screws recently :p

ciara683 has listed the main topics which include relevant and useful advice.

Here are a couple more links on types of screwdriver which may also be useful to you:

https://www.tamatalk....g/#entry3187413

https://www.tamatalk....m/#entry3161871

Don't forget that using TamaTalks search engine is pretty quick and easy - the advanced search option allows you to search by key word ("screws") and at the same time by forum if you wish. Cuts down the need to scroll through pages and pages of "Help" topics :)

Good luck with it!

(I won't close this topic just yet in case other members have advice that is different to that given in the linked topics - but if everyone is just going to repeat what has already been said, then Dizzie can save themselves some time and just read through the linked threads) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried the glue trick and accidently glued my hand to the tama...and am iffy to try putting butter on the tama since I was going to try to sell it XD I've looked at most of the other posts, nothing has really helped so far. I tried pushing harder so the screw driver wont slip but it looks like it has pushed the screw in deeper.

If that's the case, maybe you can try taking it to a jeweler to help you out. They have tools in dealing with different sizes of small screws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back