Need a new anime

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xavplusplus

Reaction score
I'm looking for a complex emotional and symbolic plot like FLCL does anyone have suggestions? I liked cowboy bebop too.

Oh man, something like Fooly Cooly? That show was crazily awesome.

Hmmmm I suggest: Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Butler, xxxHOLiC. If you haven't seen those already. :lol:

I remember reading the first two tsubasa mangas that seemed like it would be a great anime

Here are my personal faves:

Full metal alchemist

Fruits basket

Vampire knight

black blood brother

sailormoon ;)

Yeah, Black Butler is good. Don't look at the fandom; it's not all about demon pedophile wanting to bang a boy. Even though transsexual reaper and walking-naked-most-of-the-time dog boy might be questionable. Other than that, it's worth watching.

Dont think iv seen anything that quite compares to Fooly Cooly, but the closest I can think of that Ive watched are:

Squid Girl (Shinryaku! Ika Musume)

Gintama

Level E

Paprika (movie)

Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (probably closest to FLCL)

Mawaru Penguindrum. :) It's about two brothers, Kanba and Shouma, whose sister dies at a trip to the aquarium. She is brought back to life by an alien princess who resides in a penguin hat they got as a souvenir from the aquarium. This alien princess will prolong their sister's life, but only if the brothers can bring her something called the "Penguindrum" ( which no one knows what it is ).

She also gives them three penguins who can follow their orders, but are invisible to ordinary people. The only clue they receive is to follow a girl called Ringo, who can apparently write down the future in her diary.

It was released last year, but sadly it has a pretty small fanbase, even compared to series like Kuroshitsuji / Black Butler. But it doesn't mean it's a bad series. ^__^

Mawaru Penguindrum can seem silly at first and there are a lot of random things that will make you laugh. It will probably make you laugh really hard! xD But there are also many very sad moments and the ending made me cry quite a bit.

There is also the fact that Kanba and Shouma are in love with their sister, but there is a reason behind that and there is nothing explicit or wrong about it like it sounds.

There are heavy themes about fate and changing one's fate. Plus the characters have unique designs and unique personalities ( not just your typical tsundere or ordinary high school boy ).

I'm a fan of FLCL myself and I loved this series! :D

Definitely Sailor Moon (ha ha I'm obsessed)!

I was watching it on YouTube but then some users had the videos deleted.

Luckily, I found another user who still uploads the episodes (yay).

Madoka Magica. Search at up and stare at the scree because its that good.

Pretty Cure/Precure is like Sailormoon, but A bit of DBZ tossed in.

Ummm...There was a really sad anime but I forgot the name of it...Blue Moon or something.

There's also the Tamagotchi anime, linked in my signature, but some episodes are sad and others are lighthearted and it's really hard to come across the sad ones, although episode 143 is really sad.

+' timestamp='1354629567' post='3201304']
Was it Full Moon wo Sagashite? It's the one about a girl with a tumor in her throat who gets to turn into a sixteen-year old singer with the help of two shinigami. :3
Oh yes, that's the one! :D

Also, yes, Pretty Cure is good but I prefer the first and second series because the new ones are too girly.

Clannad (and Clannad After Story)

Angel Beats!

Monster
ajlsdfklafdfjd I love Monster. ;3;

I've seen almost all the series that have been suggested so far, and Monster is a great choice if you want something deep and psychological.

It has lots of characters and a very wonderful story ( which is a bit like a puzzle; there are some episodes which seem irrelevant, but they introduce characters who are useful later on ) . Each and every character, even the most minor one, has a role in later episodes and they turn up very unexpectedly. It's basically a psychological thriller / horror, but it was written for an adult audience so it's quite dark and has some violence / nudity. It's also perfect in case you're not familiar with anime, since most of the characters are German ( a few are from Russia and the Czech Republic ) and only the main character is Japanese. The characters actually do sound and look German, and they give off a very Western feel which is rare in Japanese works.

The art looks more realistic than anime-like and character designs are very detailed- they all look extremely different from each other. Apparently the German which is spoken and written in the background is also correct, so the mangaka did his research. :3

Try with "yumekui merry" i'm watching it and i think it's really awesome! :D it's 13 episodes i think, but the story is great and the pictures too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back