Photo
- - - - -

Dinkie Dino question

dinkie dino sound

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 November 2012 - 02:49 PM ( #1 )

This is my first Dinkie Dino in more than a decade...

Anyway, I'm trying to get the sound to turn off (because I work in a very quiet office) and the manual says press both left (<) and right (>) buttons at the same time for more than 3 seconds to set the sounds to OFF. However it didn't work when I tried - I'm stuck in the game screen. The only thing happened was one of the icons on either left/right panel got selected and that's it.

However pressing Esc and Enter at the same time brings me to the adjust clock, which is exactly how it shows in the manual.

Am I missing something? (and yes, the Dinkie Dino I've got is legit)

Replies

Views

Started

27 Nov 2012

Last Post

27 Nov 2012

Stefke2108

• stefke2108 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:03 PM ( #2 )

Lol I remember having the problem the other way around with my Dinkie. The sound goes off but I couldn't get it to reset the time!
Doing the same as you said.

WhiteClaw84

• whiteclaw84 user photo

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:04 PM ( #3 )

Lol I remember having the problem the other way around with my Dinkie. The sound goes off but I couldn't get it to reset the time!
Doing the same as you said.

Yup! I had/have the same issue as Stefke :) and I have two authentic dinkies...can turn the sound on and off...can't get the darn clock to reset.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 27 November 2012 - 06:42 PM ( #4 )

Now you guys are scaring me about when I get my Dinkies and my Hitorikko--I hope they work! D:

ichiro.malfoy

• ichiromalfoy user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:34 PM ( #5 )

LOL I wish I could trade with you guys... I don't mind setting the clock only once but if I can't turn off the sound, I couldn't play it while at work.

Maybe I'll just tab it up for now and play with it during the Holiday break instead.

EDIT: Got it to work after several finger-numbing tries :o it doesn't show any options, it just emits a very low beep indicating that the sound is off. *whew*!

Edited by ichiro.malfoy, 27 November 2012 - 10:45 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dinkie dino, sound