Telling v5 and v5.5 apart

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobodebitchi

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of hunting down the various shells to choose from when it comes to version 5.5, but I'm finding it difficult to tell it apart from v5 aside from when sellers actually note the difference. About all I could find so far is that v5.5 has more celebrity-themed shells, but I'm hoping for some more specifics if anyone has any. Thanks!

Thanks tamatown :) That's the one I was referring to as far as finding out they use celebrity-themed shells go. I suppose I'll just have to dig deeper!

Yeah...I guess one of the only ways, when you're purchasing from Ebay, is asking the seller and comfirming that it is a V5.5 or V5. Or taking a picture of the Tama in the shop and emailing..I doubt there will be any left in the Shops. Lool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish ; ; Ah well. Worst case scenario I'll just drop money on a shell that doesn't really appeal to me but at least I know is a 5.5. I don't want to miss out on the experience of raising 3 tamas at once!

Well... Not really sure, but of the shells I DO know are v5.5 ...they are shiny. So maybe look for shiny ones? I know the white/red with stars on it for sure is a v5.5 since I personally own that one. The v5.5 also comes with a little disc behind if you find in package ones...

I wish ; ; Ah well. Worst case scenario I'll just drop money on a shell that doesn't really appeal to me but at least I know is a 5.5. I don't want to miss out on the experience of raising 3 tamas at once!
Excuse my dropping in and adding a question in your topic, but I'm curious -- Is it only the V5.5 where you can raise three at once? I have one, but had always thought it was a V5, but perhaps I've been wrong. I no longer have the packaging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excuse my dropping in and adding a question in your topic, but I'm curious -- Is it only the V5.5 where you can raise three at once? I have one, but had always thought it was a V5, but perhaps I've been wrong. I no longer have the packaging.
Both V5 and V5.5 have the ability to raise 3 characters at once.

The appeal of the V5.5 is that it has different characters and games, and a lot of it is much more exciting than V5.

The only way to tell them apart is by the shell design, from what I've gathered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back