Level of Rarity Based on Shells?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midorime

Reaction score
Does anyone know when it comes to vintage P1/G1 and P2/G2 Tamas, the rarity level when it comes to shells/colors? Such as going from most common to most rare? Or are they all about equal? I assume the limited editions ones, though, are expensive and rare of course.

Also, i can't find a certain color combination on Tamenagerie. Just won a lot that has a Tama that has a pink body, green border, and blue buttons. Looks almost Easter-y but brightly colored. I don't know what version it is or what language, can't see the background of the screen in the picture. Any ideas?

Ah so you bought that lot...I watched but didn't bid. I was interested in the Bear but not enough to bid over something else I'm currently watching lol. I've seen that design before and it's a P1. :)

Ah so you bought that lot...I watched but didn't bid. I was interested in the Bear but not enough to bid over something else I'm currently watching lol. I've seen that design before and it's a P1. :)
I wanted the Giga the most. XD Might sell the Bear.

And a P1? Good to know, thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Was the bear a My Lovely Bear? I just put batteries in one of the two I have from when I was little kid. It has cute animations but a very weird asleep schedule.

Was the bear a My Lovely Bear? I just put batteries in one of the two I have from when I was little kid. It has cute animations but a very weird asleep schedule.
Nah, an MGA Bear. They made I think a dino, Godzilla, a bear, penguin, kitty, puppy, and a bunny. I have the bunny, but I also want the dino.

MGAs tend to go to sleep at 11 and wake at 7, so yeah, odd sleeping.

My impression of rarity value is that it depends on what ppl will pay XD

Even if a shell design is not a known "limited edition", I think that unusual colours/combinations can expect to go for a bit more than the more common colours - just because there is that element of "owning a less common shell design". However, if it comes to re-sale it depends on if serious collectors would pay a bit more for it - some will, some won't - depends on who is bidding.

I have seen purple and pink shells go for more than say the green or yellow. I think it's what's available on ebay and what isn't - if there are a lot of yellow P1's then they will be cheap and vice versa. Supply and demand!! I saw a pink/purple one go for $80!! haha!

People usually want the designs they had when they were a kid.

That probably helps in making certain shell designs more or less popular.

I suppose the ones with characters on them are rare, but the blue and white one is the most popular....

I have 3 p1's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back