Photo
- - - - -

Level of Rarity Based on Shells?

rare rarity shell color colors

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Midorime

• midorime user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:05 PM ( #1 )

Does anyone know when it comes to vintage P1/G1 and P2/G2 Tamas, the rarity level when it comes to shells/colors? Such as going from most common to most rare? Or are they all about equal? I assume the limited editions ones, though, are expensive and rare of course.

Also, i can't find a certain color combination on Tamenagerie. Just won a lot that has a Tama that has a pink body, green border, and blue buttons. Looks almost Easter-y but brightly colored. I don't know what version it is or what language, can't see the background of the screen in the picture. Any ideas?

Replies

Views

Started

05 Dec 2012

Last Post

23 Feb 2013

WhiteClaw84

• whiteclaw84 user photo

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:15 PM ( #2 )

Ah so you bought that lot...I watched but didn't bid. I was interested in the Bear but not enough to bid over something else I'm currently watching lol. I've seen that design before and it's a P1. :)

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:57 PM ( #3 )

Ah so you bought that lot...I watched but didn't bid. I was interested in the Bear but not enough to bid over something else I'm currently watching lol. I've seen that design before and it's a P1. :)

I wanted the Giga the most. XD Might sell the Bear.

And a P1? Good to know, thanks. :)

Edited by Midorime, 05 December 2012 - 08:59 PM.

Aurinko

• aurinko user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:05 AM ( #4 )

Was the bear a My Lovely Bear? I just put batteries in one of the two I have from when I was little kid. It has cute animations but a very weird asleep schedule.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 08 December 2012 - 12:33 AM ( #5 )

Was the bear a My Lovely Bear? I just put batteries in one of the two I have from when I was little kid. It has cute animations but a very weird asleep schedule.

Nah, an MGA Bear. They made I think a dino, Godzilla, a bear, penguin, kitty, puppy, and a bunny. I have the bunny, but I also want the dino.

MGAs tend to go to sleep at 11 and wake at 7, so yeah, odd sleeping.

TamaMum

• tamamum user photo
  • Group: Senior TamaTalk Guides

Posted 09 December 2012 - 11:18 AM ( #6 )

My impression of rarity value is that it depends on what ppl will pay XD

Even if a shell design is not a known "limited edition", I think that unusual colours/combinations can expect to go for a bit more than the more common colours - just because there is that element of "owning a less common shell design". However, if it comes to re-sale it depends on if serious collectors would pay a bit more for it - some will, some won't - depends on who is bidding.

XBlackIrisX

• xblackirisx user photo
  • Group: Retired TamaTalk Guides

Posted 03 January 2013 - 08:49 PM ( #7 )

I have seen purple and pink shells go for more than say the green or yellow. I think it's what's available on ebay and what isn't - if there are a lot of yellow P1's then they will be cheap and vice versa. Supply and demand!! I saw a pink/purple one go for $80!! haha!

MintyDreams7

• mintydreams7 user photo

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:51 AM ( #8 )

People usually want the designs they had when they were a kid.
That probably helps in making certain shell designs more or less popular.

bunbutchi

• bunbutchi user photo

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:33 AM ( #9 )

I suppose the ones with characters on them are rare, but the blue and white one is the most popular....

I have 3 p1's.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rare, rarity, shell, color, colors