tamagotchi P? Worth it?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Layolalotus

Reaction score
So ive been looking at these for a while now. Dont know if i want to spend 90usd on one. I had a quick play with my +c last night and the menus annoyed me because i couldnt read them. But then i guess id get used to it. Just seems that there would be more to have to remember with the tmgc p because of all the features packed into it.

And anyway is 90usd good for a tmgc p? Its about the same as what i paid for my id le.

You can try to catch one on HLJ... They have had them on and off all week. Mine was roughly $70 with shipping. I payed for EMS, most of the cost being the tama. It could be a tiny bit cheaper with Sal or registered economy. The EMS isn't much more. The lag they had because of the sales should be gone now... It seems different from the others. Nice games, nice features, extra things we didn't see comming until close to release. Paint your tama, a daycare, a new park, stores are nice... Over all, very nice looking.

Price-wise, it is completely worth it. It has a ton of fun new features - both gameplay and connection-related.

However, if you do not understand Japanese you might be encounter more obstacles since it has many new dialogues and prompts which can be inconvenient. It also has a User Profile feature which requires knowledge of basic Japanese.

The Tamagotchi P is my first tama that's in Japanese. Having an iD L-e actually helped me a lot through it because the menus are actually quite similar so I've only had my P for about a day but i'm already well-aquainted with where just about everything is. The only thing that bothers me is that I can't understand any of the dialogue that goes on, but then I remember what the dialogue in the iD L-e is like and I figure that it's probably not important.

I feel like there was a lot more thought put into the tama p's than in the iD L. The wallpapers are nicer, the icons are WAY cuter, and I didn't like the characters at first but they definitely grew on me. If you aren't trying to save up for something, I'd say the price is worth it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 8 japanese tamagotchis (two of them are color ones) and I must say that the language doesn't matter. I mean, on the P's there are the profile things and etc, but they don't affect gameplay I guess.

i'm waiting....if i buy one now i'll kick myself if/when they come out with an english version

got mine for 69dollars (including shipping via fedex) from HLJ, I think it was well worth it so far.

Mine was no more than $60 with shipping, and it's definitely worth even $90! It has a lot of new features like jobs and going to school, dating at the park, and it is generally more fun than the iD L!

lol i agree with steenie, im afraid in a year or less there might b a english version...and then what?? Its a had choice to make, wait...or have fun w/ tamagotchi p now.

I agree with those who are waiting, i want to see if an English one comes out. It did for a limited time with the ID L, and I'm wondering if it was done as a marketing ploy to gauge interest as maybe an idea to project it onto the Ps in the future.

Regardless, I'll be waiting for them to be out a while anyway for a price drop and more helpful guides to be posted. I'll have my ID L E soon enough to keep me busy. :3

As for being worth it, depends--do you want to drop that amount of money into a Tama? Will a foreign language frustrate you? Ultimately it's up to you.

Ah, I doubt there will ever be an English version. The iD L was just made to give English fans a chance to enjoy a Japanese Tamagotchi, and besides, the 15th Anniverary and Princess Spacy were not translated to English.

To people saying they'll wait for a English version:

Not very likely anytime soon, the ID L English was released as a marketing test for BanDai Asia. It's unknown if they really will release another English version. If anything, maybe more then a year later, a English p's will be released, but I doubt it.

well, even if not released in English a year later, by then the hype for the P's will die down and the prices will drop as there will be high supply but low demand. My wallet will thank me for waiting. :p

How long have the IDLs been out before they came out in English, though?

oh only a year nvm.....(for a sec i was gonna say 3)

a year is still pretty long though

Last edited by a moderator:
well, even if not released in English a year later, by then the hype for the P's will die down and the prices will drop as there will be high supply but low demand. My wallet will thank me for waiting. :p

How long have the IDLs been out before they came out in English, though?
I think it was about a year?

Only a year?

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I actually doubt that there will be an HK release; considering they'll have to translate the piercings as well :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back