Tama-Go Questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midorime

Reaction score
I am debating getting a Tama-go, but I have some questions...

1) What are ALL the differences between Wave 1 and Wave 2?

2) What can they connect to?

3) Wave 1 and Wave 2 have some of the same figurines, they just look different. Do they have the same stuff? Or do I need to collect both Mametchis, Kuchipatchis, etc?

4) Do I really need to connect it to the PC for anything? Am I not missing out on much not connecting online?

5) Are these Tamas pretty sturdy built or do they break easily?

6) Is there a growth chart floating around here?

7) I heard they grow 'slower' than other Tamas, is this true? How long is each stage?

8) Will one be enough or should I get two?

Thanks for any information you can provide. :) I tried looking but I only get bits and pieces of information here and there.

1: the clear cover

2: v5/5.5, music stars, tamago

3: each figure has different games/stuff. The figure that comes with wave 1 is different from the wave 2 lite figures.

4: I wasn't ever a big fan of tamatown for music city/tamago. I don't think you are missing much...

5: the clear cover can break, the screen can get the rainbow effect if you touch it. Otherwise, pretty sturdy and 1 screw.

6: there are charts floating around here... Just need to find them.....

7: they grow regular, but once they are 6 they hang out. They can connect marry and they have a baby 2 days later, if not connected, 10 days. I haven't ran mine a full generation in quite a long time. I remember it taking 8 or 10 days for your tama to leave. They might marry at 6, but that I don't recall.

8: one is fine if you have other tamas to connect to. If you want two... Then get two. Doesn't really change the connection stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Wave 1 has a faceplate cover that goes over the screen and lots of people complain about it scratching easily and then having a hard time seeing the screen. The wave 2 has an opening in the cover where your screen is.

2. As SailorRosette said; v5/5.5, v6, and tamago

3. All figures sold separately have different things. All figures that come with the tamagos are called lite figures. Wave 1 and wave 2 lite figures have different games

4. I enjoyed music city tamatown but there wasn't too much on it to do with the tama-go. I imagine there is way more to do there with the music star but I didn't have a v6 while it was working.

5. sturdy enough I guess.

6. Yes usually to find a chart you can just search it on google images

7. the beginning stages are normal but the friend stage is pretty long especially if you include the amount of time it takes for them to leave their babies.

8. When I was running my tama-go I didn't have anything it would connect with and I didn't feel much like I was missing out, but you can find them pretty cheap so if you enjoy connecting then why not get 2?

As most of your answer are answered I won't reply to them all.

Do they grow slower than older tama's? No way!(at least compared to the vintage P2):

EGG(sixty seconds)-baby(1 hour)-toddler(24 hours)-teen(24 hours)-adult-senior(?)

So when your Tama-go is 2 years old it is already an adult(unless yo use the pause feature, I guess).

About the figures: The wave1 and wave2 figures you buy seperatley are different from eachother. Wave1 figures will probably work on wave2 figures and vice versa. However, I'm not sure your Tama will identify as the correct figure(since each figure actually has 3 figure-roms on it). I believe the connection ports on the wave2 are different than the wave1(not noticable from the outside), also causing that the lite figures included are different. It's a bit complex but if you read my post here you may understand me better(https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/183360-how-to-unlock-pattern-shoot-coin-catch-and-cradles-on-any-tama-go/)

Also, I believe that for the Tama-Go the only thing transferable is money(Sent earnt money from Tamatown to your tama or vice versa). This isn't the case for the Music Star however.

Although I never have used Tamatown yet, because of the fact that it's down now(!), I think it would be a much easier way to earn money on your Tama-go. It's pretty slow if you play just the games included, imo. However, if you're really desperate you could always use the money-cheat of Binary.

Awesome, that helps a lot, thanks you guys! :D

Wave 1 and 2 figures unlock different games on your tama-go, so I would suggest getting both waves.

I would also suggest getting more than one tama-go, as getting a baby without connecting is very time consuming.

The tama-go is no slower than any other version, and is just as fun as any other version I have played.

It is a very sturdy tamagotchi, and doesn't break easily at all (It is huge and very chunky)

The only 'bed' thing about it is that you cant fit it into a pocket. :(

Makes sense. It just stinks the that wave 1s now cost so much. I just bought a wave 2 black one, was thinking of getting a white one for Kuchipatchi, or a green one, even though I'd have two Mametchis.

So does that mean the figures do different things on each wave? Or each figure for each Tama-Go does something different? So all 3 Mametchis have different stuff? (Wave 1, Wave 2, and the separate figure?)

Last edited by a moderator:
All the figures, both from wave 1 and wave 2 that come with the tama-go are built in both. There's a topic of me hanging around telling you how to unlock them.

I think the add on figures you buy seperatly are different on both tama-go's. But none are the same I think.

All the figures, both from wave 1 and wave 2 that come with the tama-go are built in both. There's a topic of me hanging around telling you how to unlock them.

I think the add on figures you buy seperatly are different on both tama-go's. But none are the same I think.
Is it possible you can give an example? I'm not fully grasping the idea. (I work best by example, or visuals like a graph/grid/list.)

Well, afaik there are 12 separately bought figures. 6 from wave1 and 6 from wave2.

All have different roms, and are different. However the way it connects inside the wave2 figures is different than the wave1, if I'm not mistaken.

Separately bought figures have actually 3 roms in one(This is to save money), yet you cannot right away unlock the other roms, but only the rom it it supposed to give(this is by connecting it just to you tama-go).

But if you follow this tutorial(https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/topic/183360-how-to-unlock-pattern-shoot-coin-catch-and-cradles-on-any-tama-go/) you should be able to access all the roms(this means, all the 3 figures) that are stored in the one figure.

I only have a wave1 and no bought figures, so I'm not 100 percent sure of this. But what I think is that wave2 figures will work on wave1 tama-go's. You just may have to apply the tutorial, to get the correct tamagotchi. I hope you understand a bit what I'm trying to say. :)

That made sense, yes, thank you. :)

I ended up getting all the figures, just have two more to snag. Also debate getting a 2nd Tama-Go in white to go with my black, but they're pricey, the wave 1s I mean. It's interesting how the Mametchi that comes with the Tama-Go is so boring, yet the separate one has so much to it. Seems silly they'd remake the characters that already come with the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back