So I think my Tama's (literally) dead...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siro

Reaction score
Hey, guys...

Literally this morning, when I was eating my breakfast (and caring for my two Tammys at the same time), I accidentally dropped my P1 in the milk when looking at the clock on it. It worked alright after I dried it off (there wasn't much milk on it), but a few minutes after that it started... well, you could say - malfunctioning. It kept beeping and beeping...

First, I thought my Tama was dying. When the P1 (and P2 as well, I think) passes away, if you have the sound on, you'll hear the sinister beeps of a 'flatline'. It is really upsetting, actually, in a way. But I had been taking good care of my little Mametchi, Siro Sirius JimBob Junior. I told my mum and she said that I should just leave it and go to school, then we could see what happens after school. I agreed, but only after a brief attempt at pausing the poor thing... which kind of failed - my little Tammy was going slightly, well, crazy(!). It kept selecting random stuff on the screen when I wasn't even pressing ANYTHING...

After school, my mum suggested it was just losing battery (my previous and first Tama, Siro Sirius JimBob - my beloved Ginjirotchi - had lived for an incredibly LOOOONG time... about 50-55 days - Tama Years), but I had to keep hoping that. My mum then got out the screwdriver and pressed 'reset'. I practically SCREAMED when she did that, and said that she 'brutally murdered him'. Then the Egg appeared (as, and I waited the usual five minutes... and, guess what?

... A whole two hours later, the Egg's still here, bouncing up and down.

Noo... I sure do hope that it's not kaput.

Can anyone please share their views on what this is all about? If you want me to explain it more, just ask. Thank you in advance! :babytchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
It probably got moisture in it and it's going wonky. Take the battery out and I heard if you put it in a bag of uncooked rice the rice will absorb the moisture and in some cases it'll work again. However I am unsure if this works with Tamas, need feedback from others.

It probably got moisture in it and it's going wonky. Take the battery out and I heard if you put it in a bag of uncooked rice the rice will absorb the moisture and in some cases it'll work again. However I am unsure if this works with Tamas, need feedback from others.
Thanks, Midorime. I hope this'll work, and once again, thank you for your help it's very appreciated! I think I will try that method. :ichigotchi:

well since you've gone so long already with not cleaning it im 98% sure you fried the circuit board with milk, you'll have to take it apart and clean it up. if is still glitchy then it;s dead.

No problem, leave it in a bowl or bag with rice for about 24 hours if possible, or longer.

Don't you usually have to set the clock before the egg will hatch? I haven't run a P1 or P2 in a while, maybe that's just on Connections...

I second the rice idea. I've heard it works wonders. Also, the reason why your Tama is selecting random things is probably because there's liquid connecting the button to the circuit board. I had that problem in one of my V2s once and it worked fine after I opened it up and removed the moisture. If you're not comfortable with opening it up though, I'd definitely stand by the rice idea.

Good luck!

I would open up the Tamagotchi very carefully. Then I would dry everything off, and clean the some place if necessarily.

I'm pretty sure that would do the trick.

I know this sounds pretty hard, but: I'm not to blame, that if you decide to do this, anything breaks on your tamagotchi. :/

I don't think something will happen if you are careful enough, but I think those screw can easily break or get stripped or something.

If you decide to open it up and clean it, best for cleaning is some kind of alcohol-handwash or similar alcohol stuff. That's supposedly completely unharmful to tamas, and has always worked for me ;)

If the egg is bouncing normally then it should be okay?? I dont know o:

But yeah, make sure to set the time or else it wont hatch!!

You should try the rice method. I dropped my USB in a glass of water and put it in a bag of rice, and lives on. (except the fact i dropped my laptop and it squished my USB to pieces)

Reactions: Owl
Thanks, everyone, for all your help! I'll try the rice thing tomorrow.

You should actually have done the rice as soon as possible.

The rice thing is a good idea. Water went all over my V4 but I just shook it and it got better. Although, this is milk, so make sure to do an action quick before it dries up! It can get sticky!

Hmmm...are you still able to feed, play with, and do other stuff with the egg? That happened once with me; there was an egg on the screen and I could still look after it!

When I dropped my tama in water it started randomly highlighting icons without me pushing buttons... hmm

When I dropped my tama in water it started randomly highlighting icons without me pushing buttons... hmm
Yeah, that's EXACTLY what happened to my P1!
It's because there is fluid connecting the button to the circuit board. It's bridging the gap that's normally there and only triggered when you voluntarily press a button. Does that make sense?

Like others have said, have you tried pressing B? That should take you to the clock screen where you can set the time. I haven't had any experience with P1s, but on my connections you have to set the time, and then it should take about 2 min to hatch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back