What do other people think of Tamagotchis?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshtchi

Reaction score
And by other people, I mean people who have never looked after a tama. For me, people laugh at me, they claim that they're girly, they think COD is better than them, etc. So what do people around you think of tamas?

-Walshie

Same as the people you've encountered, really. At my old school even the teacher hated Tamas, and I didn't like the teacher and I don't think my Tamas did either. Luckily I didn't bring any in though, so the teacher never got the chance to confiscate any. :)

As for the other children, they hated EVERYTHING to do with me. The school we were at, all the schools I had been to before, the school I was going to, the floor underneath my peg in the cloakroom...and Tamas. I'm a girl so calling them girly would make sense rather than be an insult. On one occasion they called them "for Year 3 boys" and it was Year 3 boys who were calling them that. I suggested that they play with one then and they ran off. :D

It's the same here.

The people I know think of them as 'lame' and it doesn't make sense to them or childish. A waste of money and pretty much pointless.

I just think that if they gave it a chance they would like it too but I guess a lot of people wanna grow up so fast they forget how fun these little things can be

Most people around me would make fun of me for them, some who know do make fun of me.

My girlfriend finds them cute and doesn't care that i play with them, my parents are silent.

Me i Love tamas :D

I got my speech teacher into tama`s. She loves to here anything I say about tamagotchi`s now. I told her all about them. I am going to bring some pictures of me and my brother`s tama to show her what they look like.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friends don't really think Tamagotchi is a big deal. They did own one or two in the past, but they don't have a clue about Japanese Tamagotchis or even the names of Characters.

My brother calls me a gay for liking tamagotchi's.And all my classmates didnt like it after reading an article in the internet of "top 10 worst inventions of all time".<-- i think thats just idiotic.

I don't really know anyone in real life, so I'll just say what my family thinks. :D

My siblings are never offensive about Tamagotchi; my 5 year-old brother has a Tama-Go which he has been running ever since I gave it to him, my 9-year-old bro really wants a Tamagotchi, and all three of my bros like the Tamagotchi anime. :)

My parents respect my love for Tamagotchi, even though I tell them it's meant to be for 6-year-olds! My mama likes looking at my Tamagotchi stuff, and she likes the characters. My papa doesn't know as much about Tamagotchi as my mama does, but he never says anything bad about it. My mama's favorite character is Spacytchi...but she thinks he's a girl! Whenever she sees him in the anime, she says, "Look at that cute black girl! Isn't she cute?" XD My mama also has seen Ikemen Mametchi a lot, and she's always saying stuff like, "What happened to his eyes?!" and then she laughs as if it's funny or something. :s

My papa only saw Ikemen Mametchi once and stared at him like O_____O

My family and friends know that I have a very huge fascination with toys (including Tamagotchis) despite my age and they're totally fine with it :)

They're familiar with Tamagotchi but they're quite surprised at how far they've progressed when they saw my iD Ls and P's (since they last owned one of those vintages several years ago).

My friends also thought they were the same pixel-thingies like in the 90's haha. They were all surprised when they saw it was all in color now ^^ Pretty cool progress I think

My friends kinda tease me lightly but mean well, and my dad thinks they're pretty cool.

For the most part, my firneds and family don't really care that I like tamas. I do have a few friends who I got into tamas, as well as my bro will unpause one once in a blue moon. Overall, through, no one really gives me any greif about them.

I find it kinda hard to convince my mother. I would like to ask her to give me a tama as a present but I know she's not gonna do it caus she thinks it's a waste of money :'(

Most people around me don't understand why I like Electronic pets but they don't give me a hard time about having them. If someone did then that would be the signal for me to cut them out of my life. I'm way past the point of caring what others think. Electronic pets like Tamagotchi and Furby are one of the few things that makes me happy. I'll give them up for no one.

My friends think it's kinda unusual to have 3 tamagotchis with me every time we go to the park but then they got the hang of it and started playing with it too. And for the people who I just made friends with, They would ask me what that "elextronic keychain" is. I just laughee.

My Hubby respects my re-found fascination with them. I'll start talking all excitedly about them and he'll just look at me and say "I have NO IDEA what you're saying but I love you" , Lol. And then when he rants about his video games I say the same thing lol.

When I was little my mom didn't really get them she just said that as long as they didn't interfere with homework they where ok.

My brother-in-laws find them weird but interesting, but thats about it..

&&

My baby girl (7mo) finds them quite tasty......

My boyfriend doesn't really get them but is of the opinion that if you like something, you shouldn't hide it, you should openly enjoy it. He was quite shocked one day when I jokingly pretended I needed him to look after my Tamagotchis whole I was at work. Not unwilling to do it, but very concerned it would go awry.

My friends just think I'm quirky and one of my coworkers regularly asks if my Tamagotchi is still alive.

Nobody in my life knows I still play with them :/ cause I have a hard enough time making friends so I don't want people at school to make fun of me more and my brothers would tease me and my parents would think they are a waste of money but I still like them!

Yes I agree, I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it does get me kinda mad when people mock others for using them, including myself, if people just gave them a chance, maybe they could look at them differently, if only :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back