Just Another Tamagotchi Log

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnifully

Reaction score
So here's some background. I'm a high school junior, about to jump into the dark abyss that is the college process. SATs, APs, my GPA.... stress. I'm never quite sure how to handle all this stress I have without screaming. Until now.

One day when I was rummaging through my drawer looking for a pair of scissors, I noticed two egg shaped things collecting dust in the corner. I pulled them out and stared at them with wonder - it was two tamagotchis, a V3 and a V4, from my childhood - the last time I had played with them was 6 years ago, as a happy go lucky 5th grader. I remembered the joy I used to feel as I cared for my tamas, a pretty good substitution for the Pomeranian that I had always wanted but was never allowed to have.

So then I thought - wouldn't that be a good stress reliever? Wouldn't it be great if I could feel as happy as I did when I was in elementary school? After a trip to CVS, I got the two round batteries that I remember begging my parents to buy 6 years earlier. With an enormous feeling of anticipation and excitement, I inserted the batteries and a large beep was emitted from both tamagotchis.

And now, there are two eggs bouncing on my screens. When will they hatch? And since when do eggs bounce anyway?

I don't remember a thing about taking care of my tamagotchis but hopefully, I'll learn. In between all of this crazy stressful college stuff, I'm determined to take care of these tamas.

Sooo I guess I'll post again when they actually hatch? Then... not quite sure what to do. But anyway, welcome to my log! <3 It's just another tamagotchi log but I hope you enjoy it anyway.

Oh.... I didn't realize I was supposed to press the B button (thank goodness for Google!). So I did, and I clicked download by accident, on my V3. Suddenly a random boy baby was jumping around my screen. Fumbling with the buttons, I got to the screen that tells you about the tama. It was an 8th generation tama... and his name is Tammy? Isn't that a girl's name?

Nevertheless, I decided I wanted a fresh beginning, and saying goodbye to Tammy, I resetted both of my tamagotchis. And after only a minute or so, the eggs hatched. It made me kinda emotional.

V3: A baby girl. I think I'll name her.... Sara!

V4: Also a baby girl. Darn. I kinda wanted to mate my tamas, even though I don't really remember how. But I guess I'll name her Jenn.

Hmm I don't know which baby girl I like better. I think the V3 version is kinda cuter.

Oh woah what's happening? So demanding ! I forgot how intense taking care of a baby tama gets- OH NO Jenn's sick! But how.... isn't it a sterile environment in there.... I mean, there's literally nothing.... DON'T DIE ON ME!

Poop??? Why don't these tamas wear diapers? What is happening.

Okay.... so I figured out that there's a medicine icon and a toilet icon. How convenient. Also, is it really a good thing to be giving things like sushi and scones to babies? Where's the mushy stuff? Although, I do love sushi....

Whew. i hope they become toddlers soon. This is preventing me from doing my calculus homework (not that I want to). I guess I'll update later~!

Oooh! Both of my tamas evolved! Into.... weird looking things. But cute! <3

V3: A marshmallow with legs. Awww it's rolling around the screen right now.... so cute.

V4: A cat thing? Or a mouse? Or maybe a bear..... also cute.

Hmm I'm trying to connect them but it won't work... what am I doing wrong? Are my tamas just anti-social? Come on little guys, break out of your shells! Not literally though.

Well, I'm guessing not much else will happen today. They turn into teenagers after one day, right? Lucky they don't have to deal with the usual teen stuff...... anyway, tam-tam for now (haha get it. it's like ta-ta except tam-tam.... yeah I'll stop.) !

Wow, I forgot that tamagotchis sleep. And so early too! I kinda felt lonely for the 5 additional hours I was up (I'm a night owl) cradling my sleeping tamagotchis.

So what's happened since then.... well, my V4 got robbed. :( Poor Jenn was devastated by the robber that somehow fit himself into her mailbox and took away 800 points. Well, I hope the king shows up in my mailbox again and gives me more points... what is it about my mailbox that attracts so many strange characters?

My V3.... nothing much. Just poopin' and eatin', the same old.

Ooh, mail from my V4, I hope it's something- WHAT. A robber?! Again??? Noooooooo! Can't that mailman tell there's a man-er, tamagotchi- in his bag? I blame him for my misfortunes. Well, this is disappointing... I'm never trusting the mail again. Good thing this doesn't happen in real life. Well, I guess you could get sent scams that can take your money if you buy into them... but at least not robbers...

I never knew the tamagotchi world was so dangerous. I better watch out.

On a more positive note, I finally got my tamagotchis to connect! I found out that you're supposed to press B to get to the actual "connect" screen.... wow, I really am a noob to this, huh? It's kinda sad.... I used to be really obsessed with tamagotchis. I would have "tamagotchi chat rooms" with my friends during recess where we just stood in a circle and randomly connected with each other. Good, good times. But now I'm alone. In my room. Avoiding my homework. And barely able to connect my own tamas. When I do connect them, they're not really nice to each other... they give gifts of poop and venus fly traps (actually I'd be happy with this gift) and sometimes nothing. Who knew girls could be so mischievous?

Well, they're both just jumping around right now so I'll update later. Adios!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! Wow, I love this time of the year... family, presents, food... and no school! More time for tamas :)

So, my tamagotchis both evolved into teens! They're both... bunny-like things. :unsure: That's what my V4 looks like.... actually, I'd say my V3 looks more like a mouse then a bunny. Both are cute, though.

Aww someone just sent my V4 poop in the mail.... robbers and poop. Maybe I should just stop checking the mail.

Hmm taking care of tamagotchis is a lot more low-stress than I thought. After the baby phase they kinda just... chill out. Hopping around their screens. Except if you press the C button on the V4 the :unsure: comes up to the screen and acts really cute. :) I guess there's not much to add... oooh, it's snowing outside! Maybe It will be a white Christmas after all! Not in my tamas' screens though.... it'll never snow in there :( So yeah, I'll update later. Maybe.

Merry Christmas everyone! It's sunny outside, not white.... oh well.

So I think I'm starting to get really lazy with my tamas. It's not uncommon for me to check up on them and see that they have three empty Hungry and Happy hearts. And then I'm too lazy to increase their happiness in a healthy way with games, so instead I feed them endless amounts of snacks. Now both of my tamas are 50+ lbs... is that considered overweight in the tama world? It seems like it.... they each look like they should weight about 20 lbs.

So yeah, I'm a bad caretaker. This means they'll evolve into bad adults, right? I just remembered that Mametchi and Mimitchi are like the king and queen of tama world.... the best characters. That's kinda boring though.... so I think I'll be alright with some unique bad characters.

Can tamagotchis die though? I don't want that to happen. Well, for now everything seems normal, so I'll update later!

So my V4 actually did evolve into a Mimitchi! Somehow.... even though I treated my tamas so badly. But Mimitchi is actually really, really cute. And when you press the C button.... *squeals with cuteness overload* Right now my V4 is just dancing by a Christmas tree. But for some reason the Christmas tree has lips and is yelling at my tama? Look down at your own tamagotchi screen and maybe you'll see what I mean. My V3 is still a teen... and it apparently has no Christmas spirit. Well then.

So, I guess I'll go imitate my V4 and dance around my Christmas tree. Merry Christmas again!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely getting a bad character on my V3. When I woke up (at like 11, woops) all of its hearts were empty, there were three poops accumulated on the screen, and it was sick. I don't even know how I managed to get Mimitchi on my V4.

Speaking of my Mimitchi, for some reason, as it bounces around the screen it sometimes... falls flat on its face. I feel really sorry for it. Is that supposed to happen?

I guess that's all.... I notice my posts are getting shorter and shorter. Maybe I'm just getting more and more bored... but I will not give up!

Wow. I'm really surprised my tamagotchis aren't dead. Or at least really, really mad at me.

V3: Well, it evolved.... into a duck? It's a Tarakotchi (I know this because of google) which apparently represents average care. I don't know how what I did to my poor tamagotchi could be called "average" but ah well... I like ducks. And just now, I picked up my V3 to see that all the hearts were empty, there were three poops, it was sick... you know the drill. I'm bad at this.

V4: Um... I think I accidently made my V4 into a hobo. One of those [!] mails came but I was confused so I pressed the C button by accident and my tama gave me a disappointed face. Apparently my tamagotchi was being offered a job... but I rejected it. Oops. Currently, its hearts are also empty but it's sleeping (how on earth did I get a Mimitchi, I still don't know) so I guess I'll try to make amends with it in the morning.

Yeah... is it possible for tamagotchis to die? I really hope not. I don't want to be a tamagotchi murderer....

Okay, so after a bit more googling I found out that tamagotchis CAN die. They become angels and fly away.... that's way too sad for me to handle. So, after panicking for a bit, I simply changed the time on my V4, forcing it to wake up, and fixed it up. Then I sent it back to sleep. Is that cheating? If so, at least it was for a good cause. My tamas are both healthy.... for now.

I also managed to buy two shovels on my V4! I finally understood the value in them after I somehow reeled in 2000 points using a fishing rod. Woo! I figure the shovels work the same way as the fishing rod does, although I've gotten nothing but poop.... is that my tama's own poop?

Anyway, my goal from now on is to keep my tamagotchis alive, because apparently it is possible for them to die. Good night!

So just a few minutes ago, my V4 beeped and I wondered if I had neglected to feed it (again) but instead, there was an old woman with a book on the screen. Not really knowing what I was doing, I pressed a button and suddenly that masked tamagotchi :ph34r: appeared and it asked "Love? Yes or No". Only then did I realize that this was the matchmaker. So I pressed yes, because I figured my tamagotchi deserved love after the torture I had put it through. Immediately, the lights went out and before I knew it, the guy was gone and there was a baby boy!

Well... things sure went fast. If only it was that easy in real life. Actually, never mind, I don't want that.

So now my V4 has a baby! She's only 5 though, isn't this a bit early? I hope my V3 finds love, too. Although it does really suck that the man just disappears after giving a child to my tamagotchi. Oh well, that's the tama life.

Oh wow, I haven't posted in awhile... but Happy New Year! My resolution is to not kill my tamagotchis. Not very promising.

So I'm now on my 2nd generation with both my tamagotchis. Can't believe I finally made it but... I did.

On my V4, I have a boy named Domo. Currently, he is a young Mametchi (why do I keep getting young Mimitchi and young Mametchi.... I take such bad care of my tamas).

On my V3, I have a baby girl named Anne. I'm so happy I have a boy and a girl - I want to try to mate them. It's fun taking the place of Matchmaker!

Well, looks like Anne has a bunch of empty hearts again.... why are babies so demanding? I'm getting really lazy so I keep filling the hearts of my V3 and V4 with meals and snacks.... I wonder if a tamagotchi can die from being overweight....

So.... I'm back in school. *insert enthusiasm here* I honestly would rather remain curled up in my bed everyday, cradling my tamagotchis and laptop but I guess you can't get everything you want. Sadly, I'm gone from 6:30 AM - 5 PM everyday, so I have to keep my tamagotchis paused at home. I could change the time to make them sleep while I'm gone but... then they'd be awake in the middle of the night. Except I stay up most nights anyway, so maybe that could work. But at 3 AM, when I'm cramming for a physics exam, I really don't want to hear both my tamagotchis beeping.

I guess I'll figure this out later. I just know that once midterm week comes, I'll have my tamagotchis paused for weeks, which makes me sad....

Anyway, onto my actual tamagotchis:

V4: My young mametchi evolved into... an adult Mametchi. :newmametchi: How does this keep happening??? I had a mimitchi last generation, and now a mametchi? But how.... my tamagotchis are barely alive most of the time. But oh well, mametchi is cute! <3

V3: I'm not sure if I already said this, but my baby girl evolved into that marshmallow looking toddler again. And just now, it evolved into this really cute firehead! It seems like a bad, rebellious character but I'm okay with that. I feel like my V4 is a lot more forgiving than my V3.

But honestly, I kinda want to get bad characters! Mimitchi and Mametchi make me feel proud, but there are so many interesting characters.... like these: :wacko: :ph34r: :gozarutchi: :puroperatchi: :nazotchi: :kusatchi: :hanatchi: :tarakotchi: :ichigotchi:

These emoticons are too cute. And yeah, I already had the tarakotchi last time, but I just can't get over the movement of its legs! So funny. And the strawberry doesn't seem like a bad character to me, but it's cute and... I want it.

I really hope I do continue with my tamagotchis, because I honestly want to have all these characters. Tamagotchis are so lucky they don't have to take physics...

Latest posts

Back