Simulating a Figure ROM

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome work. I'm a big fan of your work, and it's great to know you're still busy!

Soon we'll be able to play doom on it. :p

how do you do this?? please tell me i'd love to do this to my boring tama-go... :wub:

She gave a link to her blog for the technical details. You'll probably have to buy some hardware parts before you can do this.

Has anyone decapsulated the custom IC that's covered up to extract any kind of data on any tamagotchi?
nataliems did this for a Tama-Go. Read through her kwartzlab blog for details of how she did it and what she found.

Pretty cool stuff. I'd be interested to see it for the early generation stuff. Would be a lot more involved considering the entire game is just compressed down into that one IC as far as I can remember. I think there's just a few filter caps and resistors on the original stuff besides the IC.

Biggest thing I'm wondering is decapsulating this stuff and release the entire extracted images in sequential order. Might find some extra frames of animation or even debug characters, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back