ID L-e

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokus

Reaction score
So a small miracle ocurred, and I recieved a tamagotchi ID L-e from my parents for christmas. :D

I just tried out the gotchiworld.de site to try and download some stuff, and, *surprise*, it did not work... -_-

My phone is a samsung galaxy pocket, and does not support ir connection. However my old phone(that turns off by itself every couple of minutes) has ir, but no internet acess.

I downloaded thus a wallpaper on the samsung phone, sent it to the old one (a sony ericsson K700i) via bluetooth. Then I picked the download function on the ID L-e, and pushed "send via ir".

First time it almost worked, until the dumb phone decided it was sleep time...

All the following times I've tried, and still now, I can't get past the "stand by" screen on the ID L-e. :huh:

I will pick "Download", "stand by" will appear, I push the middle button and... No response... X(

I'm usually not this helpless, but this is my first ever color tama and I have no idea what's happening... Alias I am here begging for help from you guys... :p

When downloading, you don't need to press the middle button. Your Tamagotchi's screen will change from "STAND BY" to "CONNECT" as soon as it detects an IR signal from the phone.

Here are step-by-step instructions, based on my SonyEricsson S710a.

(1) copy the wallpaper file from your PC into the phone memory's Pictures folder, using a USB cable or bluetooth connection and SonyEricsson's File Manager software for the PC.

(2) on the phone, launch the phone's File Manager, and open the Pictures folder.

(3) in the Pictures folder, cursor to the wallpaper file, then click the More button.

(4) in the More menu, select Send.

(5) in the Send menu, select Via Infrared.

(6) on the Tamagotchi-iD L activate the connect icon (heart icon in the upper right corner of the display)

(7) in the connect menu, select Download (it's the fourth menu entry on the first page)

(8) align the phone & Tamagotchi-iD L's infrared ports (but keep them about 10 cm apart from each other.)

If the CONNECT message never appears, check your phone to see if IR is enabled (there may be a power saver setting that disables it.) Also, here's how to tell if your phone is actually trying to send IR: look at the IR port through a digital camera. On the camera's screen you should be able to see a (maybe faint) flickering red light in the phone's IR port.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I have to download the pictures via a computer?

My usb cable for the sony phone has been broken since before I got it :/

My brother has a similar old phone with ir though, maybe he's got a cable for his and I can borrow it...?

I'll try this out; thank you so much Binary! :D

If you copy the download file from one phone to another using Bluetooth, the Tamagotchi data embedded in the .jpg file might get removed or corrupted. Make sure you're always copying the file, not the image (or photo/picture.)

Another (easier) way of copying the download file from a PC to a phone is to use a memory card. Most phones accept either a Sony Memory Stick or an SD RAM card. If you have a memory card reader for your PC, you can insert the memory card from the phone into you PC and copy the files to it withour having to use the phone's file manager software. (You may, however, have to copy the files into a specific folder on the memory card. Which folder you need to copy them to, depends on the phone OS.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey it worked!! :D

I couldn't connect any of the old phones to the computer, but I experimented some with holding the tamagotchi on different sides of my K700i, as I did not know exactly where the Ir was placed on the phone.

When holding the tama and the phone top to top it worked, with the files sent from my samsung via bluetooth! So simple and easy. :D

Is there a limit for how many games and wallpapers the ID L can store? My memory is full at two games...

Location___________Maximum number of downloaded items you can store there

Restaurant_________20 meals

TamaBakery__________5 snacks

TamaCafe___________15 snacks

Game Center_________2 mini-games

Gotchi Interior____10 livingroom wallpapers

TamaDepa___________15 (5 daily necessities plus 10 toys)

TamamoriShop_______15 (5 clothes plus 10 accessories)

Door Menu___________2 destinations

Mailbox____________21 (20 letters plus 1 happy mail)

If you are having problems again with the phone shutting off during downloads, maybe you should plug the phone into a power source since it sounds like you have a very unreliable cell phone battery.

If you are having problems again with the phone shutting off during downloads, maybe you should plug the phone into a power source since it sounds like you have a very unreliable cell phone battery.
Yeah, it's just that the power cable connection is bretty bad, so it will connect and disconnect all the time if I move the phone at all while charging. It has to be completely still when the charger is connected, thus I can not use it when charging.

Also, it is anyway not the battery which is messy, because the phone doesn't die because of the battery being empty. In fact the battery lasts for up to six days without charging, so the off-shutting-reason has to be something else.

The phone has actually worked fine for several days now, so even though the buttons are slow and everything I've been able to download almost everything I want, except for the custom made items. The only exception is Ra's gryffindor common room. It's the only custom made thing I've been able to successfully download into my tama.

I guess nothing is broken though as all other downloadable items work just fine, but it's strange. Whenever I try downloading custom made stuff, the phone and tama will connect just fine, and everything seems to work until the very end when the phone says "sent". Then "failed" will appear on the tama screen... :huh:

Maybe the files aren't in the right format yet? Make sure the files say: " .jpg " at the end. Otherwise you can't download them onto the Tamagotchi.

Otherwise, the files may be too big for your phone to handle, or maybe they're corrupted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back