Photo
- - - - -

Tamagotchi ID L-E wont turn on!

idl e tamagotchi lala0629

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

lala0629

• lala0629 user photo
  • Group: Members

Posted 27 December 2012 - 08:19 AM ( #1 )

My tamagotchi ID L-E wont turn on. It is supposed to go off after 30 seconds of inactivity. But, this time it won`t turn on. Me and my dad have tryed clicking the reset button, replacing the battries, and pushing buttons to try to turn on. I got it two days ago for a Christmas pressent. I never spilled water on it, and I only dropped it on soft surfaces. Any suggetions to get it working again?

Edited by lala0629, 27 December 2012 - 10:59 AM.

Replies

Views

Started

27 Dec 2012

Last Post

27 Dec 2012

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 12:55 PM ( #2 )

Have you dropped it at all? Are the batteries fresh/good quality? Has it gone through some big bumps?
Try opening it up very, very carefully with your dad. It's good to go slow, because you could accidentally break a wire if you pull to hard to get it open. Look around the circuit board. Are there any leaks? Corrosion? On mine, there was a big black knob with wax on it that broke off partially, which (I think, I can't confirm) led to mine breaking.
If you can't see any of those things, I don't know if I can help you. ): If it doesn't work, maybe you can send it back to the seller who sold it to you for an exchange or refund or something?

lala0629

• lala0629 user photo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:04 PM ( #3 )

My dad did open it and took a look around. He said nothing looked broken or anything like that. I have dropped it, but only on some carpet. I thought the battery brand was bad. It is Duracell.

Midorime

• midorime user photo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:11 PM ( #4 )

Does it still make sound even when the screen isn't on? If so, then the screen is probably broken, via a connection or something.

I think a lot of people have been having screen issues and whatnot with their ID L Es from what i can see. Makes me nervous now, I have two on the way and I'm hoping they will be problem free.

kuchipatchi.is.blue55

• kuchipatchiisblue55 user photo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:14 PM ( #5 )

Huh....well, in the meantime, I'd suggest getting some new batteries (different brand, if you want to try it) and trying that.
If you want a look at what my iD L's circuit board looked like, there's a topic HERE if you want to check it out.

lala0629

• lala0629 user photo

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:48 PM ( #6 )

Does it still make sound even when the screen isn't on? If so, then the screen is probably broken, via a connection or something.

I think a lot of people have been having screen issues and whatnot with their ID L Es from what i can see. Makes me nervous now, I have two on the way and I'm hoping they will be problem free.

Nope, it doesn`t make any noise at all.

Edit: My dad tryed the Wegmans brand battries. My dad took one more look. He didn`t see anything. He saw a black coil though. He said it wouldn`t have been that though. Maybe thats what you were talking about kuchi. I guess I have to face the facts that its broken. My dad is going to try to get a replacement from the same guy. If not, he`ll track down another pink ID L-E for me. Oh well. I had a good two days with it.

Edited by lala0629, 27 December 2012 - 03:22 PM.

SailorRosette

• sailorrosette user photo
  • Group: TamaTalk Guides

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:01 PM ( #7 )

Closed by request.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: idl e, tamagotchi, lala0629