I'm Getting An iDL Soon and...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesyNoodleTama

Reaction score
Hey! So, after months and months of wanting one, I finally ordered an iDL a few days ago! It's due to come anytime from tomorrow to Jan. 7 and I had a few questions.

1). This crossed my mind last night: when I have to change the batteries, how will I know the difference between the reset and download options? Will it automatically be on one or the other?

2. Is there any way I can get all the destinations without having to get any of the secret connection characters? Because I know my parents aren't going to let me get another color tama and I certainly don't know anyone who has a color tama. (at least where I live)

3. How much do the.... um... what do you call it? The USB iRdA? Or something? The one that's not a phone? How much do those cost?

4. What website can I get downloads from?

5. Since I'll be at school a lot and I don't dare tama sneak an iDL, what's the best way I can leave it alone for 6 or so hours? Should I do the A and C sort of pause at the clock screen or set its time and let it sleep while I'm away?

I will post more questions if I think of them! Thank you for your help!

5)You can't pause a tamagotchi idl. So the best way is to put it to sleep while you are in school.

Hope this help. :)

Actually, you can 'sorta' pause it. Just go to the clock screen and put it on set (when the numbers flash) and it'll be 'paused.' Just did this today and it was fine. It might make evolution slower, though, so just warning you.

1.You have a choice to download/reset like the other versions :) I've never owned one myself, but I plan to^^ I think download is top and reset is bottom, like normal.

2.You must earn TamaTomo to unlock certain things, with TamaTomo you can unlock a lot of things. I dont think you have to connect to get destinations.

3. I've seen these go no higher than $10 USD

4. TamaZone. Google iDL downloads and you should see one for TamaZone on there. They have the files, just download them to your computer.

5. Just set the time to its normal bedtime and when you get home from school it should still be sleeping soundly.

Hope I helped!

--tamagotchialice

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey! So, after months and months of wanting one, I finally ordered an iDL a few days ago! It's due to come anytime from tomorrow to Jan. 7 and I had a few questions.

1). This crossed my mind last night: when I have to change the batteries, how will I know the difference between the reset and download options? Will it automatically be on one or the other?

2. Is there any way I can get all the destinations without having to get any of the secret connection characters? Because I know my parents aren't going to let me get another color tama and I certainly don't know anyone who has a color tama. (at least where I live)

3. How much do the.... um... what do you call it? The USB iRdA? Or something? The one that's not a phone? How much do those cost?

5. Since I'll be at school a lot and I don't dare tama sneak an iDL, what's the best way I can leave it alone for 6 or so hours? Should I do the A and C sort of pause at the clock screen or set its time and let it sleep while I'm away?

I will post more questions if I think of them! Thank you for your help!

Top is load, and bottom reset.

No.

$2 - $10

TamaZone or tama-id-l.com

Set it to it's sleep time if you want no growth delays. Pause stunts growth.

PS, if you're super worried about identically hitting reset instead of download- it'll warn you. When/if you hit reset, another screen will come up asking you to confirm. So it's all good!

Edit: LOL, "identically" ... I meant incidentally!! :mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!!! I'm going out today to OfficeMax or something so I'll see if I can find one. Good thing it's pretty cheap- my mom will approve. ;) What brands have you guys used? I've heard that some don't work very well at all.

Thanks guys!!! I'm going out today to OfficeMax or something so I'll see if I can find one. Good thing it's pretty cheap- my mom will approve. ;) What brands have you guys used? I've heard that some don't work very well at all.
I know Energizer works pretty well for most people (Duracell is pretty reliable too). I use Eneloop rechargeable batteries which last for a fairly long time for me. Your iD L will come with batteries. Mine lasted for four days as I was playing with it a lot. :p

I think Energizer is a good brand :D

Oh, guys! I was talking about brands for the USB IRDA. Sorry for the confusion. :p I do agree with you though, Energizer is my favorite brand. But anyway, I went to both a Wal-Mart and an OfficeMax today and could not find an USB IRDA. I found one online though..

https://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

This is the right kind of thing, right?
lol I was confused..thought you were talking about the Tama xD

And yes, that is the right one. Juts plug it into your computer and download the stuff you want, and I dont know how it works, but you point your iDL's infra red port at the one on the usb irda, and you got the items! :D

Oh, guys! I was talking about brands for the USB IRDA. Sorry for the confusion. :p I do agree with you though, Energizer is my favorite brand. But anyway, I went to both a Wal-Mart and an OfficeMax today and could not find an USB IRDA. I found one online though..

https://www.amazon.co...=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

This is the right kind of thing, right?
(pfft, smooth move on my part xD)

Anyway...

IR Is considered old technology, so you will not be able to find it in stores. The only way to get your hands on a dongle is through the Internet or if somebody randomly has one and is willing to sell to you. You might want to make sure you have the right OS (ex. Windows XP, Windows Vista, etc) before buying it, because if you don't, your dongle is practically useless. :p

#4: I get my downloads from this site.

I know it's in german, but it's understandable anyway; just hold your mouse over the "downloads ID series" text. :D

Well, that makes sense. I found tons of USB drives with wi-fi and stuff, but no IR. That makes a lot of sense. :p So I guess the one I found on Amazon is probably the best option, unless I can find something cheaper. Someone in a review for that one said that it worked for their Windows Vista desktop, which is what I have.

Since you said you couldn't find it in stores, it's probably not worth checking out sites for Best Buy and such, huh?

Thanks for help on that. I wanted to make sure I was looking at the right thing.

A couple more questions on downloads:

How exactly do they work? Like, do you download the file to your computer and does the iDL pick it up and download it when you open it? Or what exactly is the order for that?

Is there a limited amount of space on the iDL for downloads? And if so, can you delete old files to make more space?

Well, that makes sense. I found tons of USB drives with wi-fi and stuff, but no IR. That makes a lot of sense. :p So I guess the one I found on Amazon is probably the best option, unless I can find something cheaper. Someone in a review for that one said that it worked for their Windows Vista desktop, which is what I have.

Since you said you couldn't find it in stores, it's probably not worth checking out sites for Best Buy and such, huh?

Thanks for help on that. I wanted to make sure I was looking at the right thing.

A couple more questions on downloads:

How exactly do they work? Like, do you download the file to your computer and does the iDL pick it up and download it when you open it? Or what exactly is the order for that?

Is there a limited amount of space on the iDL for downloads? And if so, can you delete old files to make more space?
No, you shouldn't bother checking stores for one.

What you do, basically, is transfer the extracted file (eg. In JPEG format) and the iD L will pick it up and store it.

I don't remember the limit exactly, but...

Daily Necessities: 5

Toys: 10 (Someone confirm or correct, please?)

Clothing: 5

Accessories: 10

Meals: 10 (confirm or correct)

Snacks: 10-15

Destinations: 2

That's all I can remember, haha. :p

All right, thanks!

Can someone give me a link to the tama zone downloads because I can't seem to find them, and when I go to the tama-id-l site I just get a bunch of jibberish? :/

I know Energizer works pretty well for most people (Duracell is pretty reliable too). I use Eneloop rechargeable batteries which last for a fairly long time for me. Your iD L will come with batteries. Mine lasted for four days as I was playing with it a lot. :p
I think I've read in the manual that rechargeable ones should not be used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back