iDL Questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dayberry

Reaction score
Hey guys! So...I'm planning to get an iDL and of course I need to know how to use one before I get one so I have a question. So yeah I'm a newbie here so I'd like to know, what's with all the downloading with a iDL? What I mean is what are you downloading for and what is the purpose of downloading? Is it optional? I just don't get it xD I know many of you are probably rolling your eyes but I just have no clue on what is the downloading for on the iDL. xD Please & Thank You! :D

By "downloading" means you can download new stuff (wallpapers, toys, clothes, food and games) to the iD L.

To be able to download you will need to access Bandai Japan's iD L site, download the files and "beam" them over to the iD L using an infrared-capable device.

Downloading adds stuff to your tama. Personalization... Wallpaper, items, games. That sort of stuff. You need a IR peice, like a dongle or USB. i use a ipaq when I transfer stuff. The files and the converter are here somewhere... Too tired to look as of now.

Um... Its like a Tama-Go. When you get the figures... But way cooler. Keep it, decorate how you want...no additional perchases required. Lol.

I would recommend you look for a nice coin purse. Soft inside if you can. To protect it better from the elements, accidents such as liquid spills, those type of things. If you live in a colder place, protect the screen from the cold. If you can find a thicker/well made pouch, that would be better. (Such as a Camera pouch, a zippered phone bag...) if you like Vera Bradley stuff... Those work really well. The Tech Bags.)) I use a felt pouch around my tama then put it into a zippered camera bag to protect in the cold.

Downloading adds stuff to your tama. Personalization... Wallpaper, items, games. That sort of stuff. You need a IR peice, like a dongle or USB. I use a ipaq when I transfer stuff. The files and the converter are here somewhere... Too tired to look as of now.

Um... Its like a Tama-Go. When you get the figures... But way cooler. Keep it, decorate how you want...no additional perchases required. Lol.

I would recommend you look for a nice coin purse. Soft inside if you can. To protect it better from the elements, accidents such as liquid spills, those type of things. If you live in a colder place, protect the screen from the cold. If you can find a thicker/well made pouch, that would be better. (Such as a Camera pouch, a zippered phone bag...) if you like Vera Bradley stuff... Those work really well. The Tech Bags.)) I use a felt pouch around my tama then put it into a zippered camera bag to protect in the cold.

It is optional, although some secret items are only available via downloads. And the downloads are fun, you get to personalize things on your idl, like the wallpapers. Downloads can only be transferred via infrared, so you'll need a phone with infrared functionality or a USB infrared dongle for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back